poor little puppy! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-03-2003, 03:49 PM Thread Starter
I'll name him Squishy!!

Unhappy poor little puppy!

There is the cutest little puppy here hanging around my boyfriends house. He had told me about it the other day and I was just outside and I saw it. It is the cutest little thing but he won't let me touch it or give it anything cuz he says its sick!! But I feel soo bad!! I have a few pics of it I will have to see if I can get them small enough to put up!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I've been frosted!

Interested in Photography or Art? Want to show off your pictures or artwork? Please join the

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-03-2003, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
I'll name him Squishy!!

here is a pic....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg puppy1.jpg (21.8 KB, 112 views)

I've been frosted!

Interested in Photography or Art? Want to show off your pictures or artwork? Please join the

post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-03-2003, 03:55 PM
User Is No Longer Welcome

OMG that dog does look sick.... You should call the humane society to come get it so it doesn't suffer.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-03-2003, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
I'll name him Squishy!!

another one....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg puppy2.jpg (20.0 KB, 104 views)

I've been frosted!

post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-03-2003, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
I'll name him Squishy!!

and one more....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg puppy3.jpg (7.5 KB, 99 views)

I've been frosted!

post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-03-2003, 03:59 PM Thread Starter
I'll name him Squishy!!

I don't think we have one....

I've been frosted!

post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-03-2003, 04:07 PM
Playful Pup

There has to be a humane group or something in your area.....animal control maybe?? He really does look sick. Poor thing! I would try to lure him in with food or something and get him to a vet ASAP. That young, he could have parvo or something....not only will he die from it if not treated, but he can spread it to any other dogs around there. Do a search for animal rescue or humane groups in your area if you cannot catch him yourself.
He is really cute!

__Chipper

post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-03-2003, 04:09 PM
Obsessed With Turtles

that poor pup is malnourished if you call your local authorities (police dept) they most likely have some type of animal control that may be able to come get it.
Are you guys in a rural area or the cities? That pup needs if anything at least to be fed... won't your boyfriend at least let you put a bowl of food out for it or something???

(I don't understand why you can't touch it just because it's sick?)
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-03-2003, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
I'll name him Squishy!!

I wanted to feed it but he won't let me...we put his dog on his porch because he doesnt want his dog to get sick from it....he says that if the animal controls come out here they will take that puppy and give the guy a fine that it belongs to and if he has other puppies like it they will take those and that he also might get in trouble or my friend who lives across the street because they dont keep their dogs chained up. so he doesnt want me to call and he says they will just put it down too. And he wont let me touch it. Which I think it would let me cuz it kind of started walking towards me when I was taking pics and so I think he would come.

I've been frosted!

post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-03-2003, 04:24 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Why should the puppy suffer because your neighbors can't follow the laws? You should call the police, and yes, if they can't take care of their puppies then they should be taken away too. You would be doing those puppies a favor if you call animal control.

Rhonda

post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-03-2003, 04:28 PM Thread Starter
I'll name him Squishy!!

and i forgot to add we live in a really small town out in the middle of no where but his house is in a little place a little outside of town where there are several other houses.

He won't let me touch it because if it has parvo then my dog could get it to or his dog too.

I will see if we can find a animal place thing...

I've been frosted!

post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-03-2003, 04:30 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

If the puppy has parvo and has walked into your yard, then there is always a possibility that it already carried it to your property.

Please call the police if you don't have animal control in your area.

Rhonda

post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-03-2003, 04:33 PM Thread Starter
I'll name him Squishy!!

Well I was going to but Justin says I cant....he says all they are going to do is kill it and he will do it him self!! But I dont want him to go shoot it!!!!

I've been frosted!

post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-03-2003, 05:26 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

It's called humane euthanasia via a painless injection, not a bullet that causes pain and suffering. Calling the authorities or taking it in yourself is the only humane thing to do, whether the puppy lives or dies. I'd rather see it euthanized than given a long, painful death by starvation and illness. Wouldn't you?

Stephanie

post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-03-2003, 07:21 PM

I agree with Jade, Go to a payphone and call the authorities!
Closed Thread

Tags
animal control, animal control officer, animal cruelty, animal lover, animal rescue, humane society