Potty Training - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 12:34 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Question Potty Training

Ok so I got Ivy on April 19, 2008.
I was told she was paper trained she doesn't even look at the newspaper by the door.

Not accidents in the kennel over night.
She ate a little less 1 cup.
She has been supervised all of the time when she wasn't in her kennel.
she spent at lease 5.1/2 hours outside today.
2 hours of play with Kitty and the puppy next door.
1.1/2 hr on walks.
2 hours just being put out every 2 to 3 hours to be safe.

Today I caught her squatting on the dog bed in the kitchen so I took her outside she did nothing for 30min so then took her for a walk. She went #1 once this morning only when we walked her until she couldn't hold it any more and gave her a treat and attention for doing so.
She went #2 once in the hall way inside I scolded her telling her "bad dog" then took her outside for a bit.
Then went #2 again after trying to do it on the carpet I caught her and took her outside for 30min she did nothing, then only when I took her for a walk she stop mid walk and went #2 again.

So she's only gone #1 once and #2 twice. Shouldn't she have to go more? Cause my Poodle Kitty goes #2 at lease 3x a day if not more and #1 like 10+ marking every where. I do know theres a 50lbs size difference but still.

Also she loves being outside but seams almost afraid of doing her business outside, any ideas on how fix this?

any ideas on how to make her do her business outside?
Also should I pick up my carpets???

Any Ideas?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kyo &
Krypto
1 poodle - Kitty
1 Mini Dachshund - Ivy

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 09:13 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

My dogs think anything that is on the floor is fair game... We're in the process of learning about going outside though. She may be a bit confused because of all the new smells and stuff. My dogs generally go #2 3-5 times a day, and #1 slightly more, but mine at 7months and 4months. I'm trying to remember, but I think the normal amount is at least 2, #2's a day. Sounds like she hasn't eaten a whole lot, so that may have to do with the small amounts. She will eat more once she feels comfortable. Also the changing of her food may change her eliminating behaviors for a little bit until her body gets used to it. I would take a few of her "presents" and put them outside if she does it inside. Then show her them and hopefully she gets the idea that outside is her domain.

--------------------
~Marcia

--------------------------

Tags
dog bed