prednisone shot - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-28-2003, 08:58 PM Thread Starter

Post prednisone shot

Hi, I have a question. My Yorkie - Rebel- had to have his anal glands expressed 8 days ago and also got a prednisone shot due to the redness and iritation around his rear end. He has been peeing alot (like every hour or two) now for about 4 days. How long will this last and is this normal. He has no other symptoms besides increased appetite and drinking and peeing alot. Oh yea, the redness and itching around the rear end did go away. Thanks in advance... Colleen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-29-2003, 08:24 AM
Poo dont scare me!!!

Max has had a few of those shots, he has really bad reacitons to his boosters, so he has to have that with them, and yes he peed a lot! It went away after a few days. Are you giving him the pills too? Max had to take the pills too once. If he is still on the pills, then I wouldnt worry, and after he goes off of them then he should be back to a regular bladder after a few days. But if it has been 8 days since he has had any go into his system, and he is still peeing like crazy, then I think you should call your vet and see if its normal. I dont know if it would affect a small dog more than a bigger dog.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-29-2003, 10:19 AM Thread Starter

Post thanks for the reply

Thanks for the reply. No, he isnt taking any pills. Just the shot 8 days ago. I have a call into the vet now, just waiting for the call back. Colleen