Presents for the pets? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-22-2004, 01:30 PM Thread Starter

Question Presents for the pets?

I have an 8 year old dog named Daisy and it is a tradition of mine to wrap and give her presents with the rest of the family on Christmas morning. I recently mentioned this to a friend of mine who responded as if Iím a complete nutto. I figure that Daisy is as much a part of the family as anyone and I donít want to leave her out of the fun. Do other people give their pets gifts for Christmas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-22-2004, 05:03 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaLLL
I have an 8 year old dog named Daisy and it is a tradition of mine to wrap and give her presents with the rest of the family on Christmas morning. I recently mentioned this to a friend of mine who responded as if Iím a complete nutto. I figure that Daisy is as much a part of the family as anyone and I donít want to leave her out of the fun. Do other people give their pets gifts for Christmas?
Yep I do! We wrap them up, and they get them either Christmas morning if we are at home, or on Boxing Day! My old doggie Barney, used to love taking the wrapping paper off hes pressies..

Steph ~ Owned by 4 bunnies and 5 degus..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble
attribute of man." Charles Darwin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-22-2004, 05:29 PM
Stinky Liverbrain

I don't wrap them, but I do get something for everybody...

I plan on getting the doggies (including my sis dog) a new collar, a couple of toys for each and a couple of treats. The rodents all get seed bars, so will the birds (1 seed bar per cage) and I still don't know what to get Cleo (my leopard gecko). The only ones that don't get anything are the fish (sorry, fishies, but what could you actually buy for a fish?)

Edited to add: I don't wrap my family's present either... I'm lazy...

Dimaris

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-22-2004, 05:29 PM
Tiny Grosskisser

I get presents for all of my pets (yes, including my husband hehe)! I don't wrap them, but they each have their own stocking that the presents are put into.

Karen

[

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-22-2004, 05:46 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

'Scuse the poo... she was excited

Ol'Max got a wrapped football every year, and every year he ripped it open knowing darn well it was his....

ALL of my pets get something to unwrap in one form or another.... I couldn't imagine not including him the fun.... heck, half the time they ARE the fun

- Deb

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-22-2004, 06:35 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I used to wrap them all up but now i got the stockings i don't bother plus the dog used to find them before Christmas and nick them from under the tree so ended up wrapping them twice well what was left of them lol!

Kirsty

Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-22-2004, 06:37 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Red face

Love the pics Deb!

Steph ~ Owned by 4 bunnies and 5 degus..

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble
attribute of man." Charles Darwin

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-22-2004, 08:15 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

My first dog had a stocking, but after him I think it stopped. The pets do get presents, but not wrapped up. I think I may for my newest dog though. It would be fun with him.

:-)
1 rabbit, 6 rats, 1 conure, 1 cockatiel, 1 lovebird, 1 cockroach

- Bracelets, Beads + Supplies!
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-22-2004, 08:26 PM
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

Quote:
Do other people give their pets gifts for Christmas?
We do! For our dogs and our bird (never done it for our hedgie but he does get a special meal). They all get presents and they all *unwrap* them.

~ Jodi ~

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-22-2004, 08:34 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

I don't wrap the presents, I put them in the stockings. I plan on getting my parakeets and new play gym so I'll put a big ribbon around it, but that's it.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-22-2004, 09:05 PM
Eli
Movin' Up in the Pack

Quote:
I definitely wrap them for my cockatiel, half the fun for him, is opening it, becasue he likes to tear paper!!!!
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-23-2004, 02:16 AM
Adolescent Pup

OMG! Love the bird opening the present LOL
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-23-2004, 10:09 AM
Part of the Pack

Presents

Of course the dog gets a gift. My April has a stocking that we fill up with christmas goodies. And we give our family gifts for their loveable furry family members. We have 6 dogs and 3 cats total between my husbands family and mine. We make sure each get their own gifts. In fact, I wrapped them last night, and April helped. :hpydance:
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-23-2004, 08:55 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

My dogs and cats all get presents and I do wrap them up. The dogs like to open them more than they like their presents! I have to help the cats. We open our gifts on Christmas Eve and when hubby and I give each other a present the dogs try to steal them from us! They think all presents are theirs! We can't even keep presents under the tree!
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-23-2004, 11:12 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

omg yes!! All of my pets get christmas presents!!!! And they all get wrapped up (except for the mice..they just get their presents on the day...usually more tunnels for their cage) I buy for my mum's dog too and I sign our christmas labels with the animals names as well (for those that will appreciate it). My mum's dog gets soooooo excited!! As soon as the tree goes up she starts sniffing to see if her present is under there. If it's not she gets cranky and refuses to look at anyone in the house! Then when it does go under there she gets so excited!!! On Christmas morning she gets her presents after we open ours from 'santa' cause she is crying and pawing everyone and looking under the tree! she loves Christmas!!!!!!!!! This will be Biscuit's first Christmas with us. she's getting a kangaroo tail (to eat), a new stuffed toy now she has started to play with them, and a new water proof collar. Cindy will get lots of treats off us, the rabbits have got their fave popcorn bars waiting for them! They get the paper too and I'll probably get them some more cat balls to play with!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy

Tags
leopard gecko