probably getting a chihuahua!!!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 04:48 PM Thread Starter
User Is No Longer Welcome

probably getting a chihuahua!!!!

I'm so unbelievably excited...I might be getting a chihuahua tomorrow. As long as they'll let us adopt him, we'll be getting him! We're fibbing a little bit about where we live (cuz we're in an apartment) but hopefully everything will work out. I'll post pics as soon as I can, if we get him!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 07:06 PM
I Just Need One!

Congratulations on the new addition! Any other information? Short/longhaired? How old? Post pictures soon!

Liana, Mickey, Sky & Rocket

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 07:12 PM Thread Starter

His name is Chipper, he's 6 and shorthair. We dont' know for sure if we'll get him..if the shelter will adopt him to my bf tomorrow..we'll have him! Here's a pic of him though..it's the one they have on petfinder.com. I went and saw him Friday, he's such a cute chubby little thing.

Last edited by tutebugs; 01-19-2004 at 07:15 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 07:45 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Congrats.
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 08:11 PM Thread Starter

dumb question

Where do you get a dog licensed at?? The last dog I had was like 7 years ago and my parents took care of the licensing so I don't know, or was too young to remember, where they did it at or how much it costs or anything.
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 08:19 PM
Playful Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutebugs
Where do you get a dog licensed at?? The last dog I had was like 7 years ago and my parents took care of the licensing so I don't know, or was too young to remember, where they did it at or how much it costs or anything.
Everywhere I've ever lived we registered at our animal control office.
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 08:20 PM Thread Starter

So at the animal shelter then? Cuz animal control is intermingled with them. He's got a collar and tag and stuff but I'd like all that stuff in our name.
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 08:46 PM
Proud New Mommy

You may be able to do it at the kennel or even a vets office?? I don't know.. Though you can get the tags at PetSmart, remember.. He is gorgeous, tute!!! Congrats!!!!!!! IM me if you need anymore help

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 09:50 PM Thread Starter

the...doggy stuff

Do you think that dog feces/urine will hurt ferrets? This chihuahua is puppy pad trained ( i might have said that before) and the pad will be out where the ferrets could possibly get to it when they're out
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 11:22 PM
Resident Chatroom Blonde

Congrats.He is adorable

post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-20-2004, 12:32 AM
Miss New Booty

Congrats girl! I hope everything works out and you get to adopt this little guy! He is sooo cute!

~* Jackie *~

post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-20-2004, 12:44 AM

To get a dog license you need to contact the county clerk or the health department of your town. Each town has different rules about which animals need to be licensed and how many you can have of each (usually just dogs and cats). Also make sure you check to see when the rabies shot needs to be good till. They start all of the dogs on a calendar year which means your dog has to have a rabies shot good through November of that year. They make you get another one regardless of when your animal had its last one but they claim there is no harm. Well I don't know how much I agree with that but I waited and paid a nice big late fee to license them last year. But that's my town so just call ahead to see what you will need and where to go.
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-20-2004, 01:09 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

Here too Dena. We have to license through the health department which is located in our Municipal building. A phone call to your Town Hall, City Hall or Municipal Building will point you in the right direction.

Good Luck! He looks like an absolute doll!

[center]

[
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-20-2004, 08:36 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Congrats on the possible new chi! I hope it all works out for the best!

*Brandy*

|
|
|

post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-20-2004, 09:00 AM
Poo dont scare me!!!

Just wanted to tell you too, in Toledo where I live, you can get your dogs licensed at stores like Sweet Feed too. Its only like 20 bucks here per dog, which isnt bad at all.

Tags
animal control, animal shelter