Problems with Hope - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-23-2007, 08:21 AM Thread Starter

Unhappy Problems with Hope

I don't think I will be keeping Hope. I do love her very much, she just isn't working with Katie and Bruce. She just won't leave Bruce alone and he is not a happy pug. He is on the verge of depression it seems. Katie still hates her too, so she can't play with her.

The main issue is how rough she is with Bruce. He can't play outside or go on walks peacefully anymore because she won't leave him alone. She jumps on his back and bites him. She is too big now, so he can't defend himself at all. I find myself yelling at Hope all the time and that is something I hate myself for. Bruce has scabs on his cheeks and back from where she has bite him.

I just feel awful, ya know. I know that I have to do whats best for Katie and Bruce, but it is still hard thinking about not having Hope. I sometimes think that I have failed her, but I know thats not true. I know that she wouldn't have made it if I hadn't taken her from my sister.

This is something I have been thinking about for the past month and I think I am ready to just start looking for a good home for her. I am going to get her spayed first, which is in a couple weeks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-23-2007, 08:45 AM

Sometimes things just don't work out. Don't feel bad I know that you will find her a lovely home then everyone will be happy!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-23-2007, 08:49 AM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Don't feel bad at all Amber. You need to do what's best for all of your dogs, including Hope.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rhonda
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-23-2007, 10:20 AM

Don't feel bad at all! You are doing what is in the best of EVERYONE'S interest! Bruce and Katie can be in peace...back in their jive w/out being beat up... and when you find someone for Hope, perhaps they will have a large playful dog like her or a person that will play and rough house w/her
It will all work out in the end
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-23-2007, 11:22 AM
Will It Ever Change?

awww i understand how you feel. just know that you're doing everything you can. you have to protect katie and bruce. and hope doesn't deserve to be yelled at, but being a pup that tends to happen. you will be able to find a good home for her, don't you worry *hugs*

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-23-2007, 02:55 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Everyone already said it well.....

You have no reason to feel bad that its not working out. Thats just how it goes sometimes.
Hope is alive and happy thanks to you!
She is such a beauty and has such a personality that I'm sure you will find her a wonderful home where she can also be happy in.

You can feel proud you raised up such a wonderful pup. You have a wonderful heart.

Lve Never Fails

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 12:03 PM Thread Starter

Thank you everyone.

Sometimes when she is being her sweetest I think it's going to be impossible to give her up. The mornings are the best because she will come lay beside me with her head on my pillow and rest her forhead against mine and sleep for a bit. It melts my heart. I am getting teary eyed right now thinking about how I will miss that.

Then there are the times when she just won't leave Bruce alone and Bruce looks at me with his big, sad brown eyes. I know that I am doing the right thing.

On that note. Someone emailed me today about her. Its a family with 4 kids ages 14-2. They have a 1 year old lab mix also. She asked a lot of questions, so I know they are serious about finding the right dog for them. It was hard writing her back and I asked a million questions.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 12:07 PM
Will It Ever Change?

that's so good to hear! it sounds like it will be a very fun filled, and beneficial family for her. just know that you care for her and be proud of yourself to having taken such good care of her. i trust you'll chose a loving family that can pick up where you leave off

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-27-2007, 09:11 PM

i had the same situation with that stray cat we had was hard to give her to the shelter but i needed to put my first 2 cats first. you are doing the right thing and the right home is out there
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-27-2007, 10:01 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

maybe you could try taking her to obiedence classes with your other dogs.. she is still a puppy and being a large one doesnt understand her strength... maybe there is a high activity game she likes that will wear her out and give your other dogs a rest and like her better.

[/CENTER]

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-27-2007, 11:12 PM Thread Starter

That family was definitely a no. She didn't know if she would have time to even meet Hope. Um, im not going to just drop her off to you.

Noone will be good enough for her anyway. We are going to keep working with her. If the right family comes along great. If not, she will stay and we will figure out a way to make it work.

Tags
lab mix