PROUDLY introducing Sir Polo - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-05-2004, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

PROUDLY introducing Sir Polo

Well Chelsea and Polo have "tug" all figured out already

They ARE trying to figure out who is going to be Alpha in the pack but they are doing so "correctly". We're just hoping they figure it out fast

He has totally ignored the birds and seems bored with the turtles. The cat "excites him" as if it's a toy he wants to own so she's still being separated for now. She got a good whack on his tongue and actually caused it to bleed a bit! Who knew a lil black tabby could kick a 95lb rotty butt...but she did

He seems VERY HAPPY to be HOME! He's perfectly content in a "home" environment and Chelsea is keeping him VERY BUSY lol. If anyone is the "most excited" it's her. She seems REALLY THRILLED to finally have a "Pal" back.

cont....

- Deb

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-05-2004, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

The only problem we've found so far is that he is very Possessive Aggressive. Once he "owns" something he will not give it up without a fight. Here you see us using a claw to try and remove the toy..but he'd have nothing to do with that. On a good note, he is EASILY distracted so we are able to get things away from him. It's still something we are going to have to work on for a while until he can come to grips with "giving things up". Chelsea and Polo have been "ok" around the food bowl but they are still a bit nervous acting about it so we'll continue to monitor for any food aggression...

As long as he hasn't taken full ownership of something he's a PERFECT GENTLEMEN. He just likes to get lov'n and to hang out with the people...

There's the first three pages of pics located at:
http://www.picolio.com/Gallery/Polo

Going through those will show more of his "aggression", play time, etc... they don't do him justice... but I'm worn out and just THRILLED to have him home, especially since he had a bath lol

- Deb

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-05-2004, 07:44 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

He's gorgeous! Congratulations! Polo is so lucky to have you, and you're so lucky to have found him. Good luck with his training, I'm sure everything will go great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-05-2004, 07:46 PM
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

He's adorable Deb! Glad to hear he's getting along fairly well with Chelsea.

~ Jodi ~

post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-05-2004, 07:46 PM

He is gorgeous, I am glad that you went to that shelter and got him out of there.
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-05-2004, 08:15 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

He's very handsome! Congratulations!

Rhonda

post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-05-2004, 08:35 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

OMG! He's STUNNING!!! Chelsea seems VERY happy to have him and I'm so happy you got him!! As far as the "possessive-aggressiveness" goes, I'm sure the more you work with him and he learns that giving something up isn't necessarily a bad thing, he'll do just fine. Kali is doing the possessive-aggressive thing right now with Orion. He spent the day at work with me since he was due for his annuals, got a bath and spritzed with doggie cologne...she thinks he smells funny So far, nothing serious, but I'm sure they'll be past it by tomorrow.

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-05-2004, 08:47 PM
Just Call Me Oblivious!

Yay! Polo is home!

He looks like he's enjoying himself, and I'm certain he found the right home !

post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-05-2004, 08:53 PM
Stinky Liverbrain

Awww! He's beautiful!!! Congratulations on the new doggy. 8) I'll bet he'll make you very happy. 8)

Dimaris

post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-05-2004, 09:32 PM
Tiny Grosskisser

I agree with everyone else. He's gorgeous!!

Congrats on your new baby! He's a very lucky dog!

Karen

[

post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-05-2004, 09:53 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Congrats on the new addition! Definitely a handsome guy!

:-)
1 rabbit, 6 rats, 1 conure, 1 cockatiel, 1 lovebird, 1 cockroach

- Bracelets, Beads + Supplies!
post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-05-2004, 10:01 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

yah!!!!!!!!!!! i can't believe you finally got him home! he's so gorgeous! that's so great that he is getting along with chelsea, too. that's really important. i'm sure the possesive aggression will pass once he learns that he is in his forever home and that no one will take his things forever.

i'm so happy for you, deb! i bet you feel so happy having yourself a 2nd dog! keep us updated!

those pics are great!! he's too cute!!!

post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-05-2004, 10:29 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Congratulations Deb! I am so happy for you!

Rats have rights...& mice too!
post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-05-2004, 11:35 PM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

he is adorable

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-06-2004, 03:38 AM
Tarzan Mama of Two

he is just stunning Deb!!! you'll have the possessive aggression thing dealt with quickly I'm sure!!! It might have been the way things had to be in his last home...he'll learn it doesn't need to be that way in your house!!! I'm sure you are happy to have another rotti to dote on!!!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy

Tags
animal rescue, clicker training, food bowl