Pug for stud =) - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation Pug for stud =)

My Dexter is a stud dog so i am going to continue to stud him out, if anyone is interested or can pass the details on i would be realy grateful here is his little doggy website:

http://devinepugs.bravehost.com/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 09:02 PM
Hello Earthling

Um... didn't you JUST get him?

post #3 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 10:07 PM
is a little "special"

From what I read on her other post, she just got him Friday.

Dont you think it would be a better idea to neuter him? There are already hundreds of dogs getting put down every day because they dont have homes... I dont see the point in creating more puppies.
If you neuter him, he will be a much better companion. And just because he was a stud before doesnt mean he still has to be one... PLEASE get him fixed!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 10:09 PM
Hello Earthling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post

Dont you think it would be a better idea to neuter him? There are already hundreds of dogs getting put down every day because they dont have homes... I dont see the point in creating more puppies.
If you neuter him, he will be a much better companion. And just because he was a stud before doesnt mean he still has to be one... PLEASE get him fixed!
Agreed

post #5 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 10:28 PM
RAT ADDICT

I agree with the above posters!
Why do you want to stud him?

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #6 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 10:58 PM
Aspires to Stupidity

I was going to say very much the same thing. Studding is so wrong in my opinion. People should be getting their dogs and puppies from the shelters not from people who are adding to the over population of dogs. Although I am okay if people want to breed their dog just once as long as it's done responsibly and then they get them spayed/neutered after that. Continuous bredding is just very very wrong!
post #7 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 11:11 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Who here buys from pet stores and keeps them in business?
Especially ones who come from horrid conditions...
...or who has adopted all of their animals...

Sometimes people need to look at their own choices...

:-)
1 rabbit, 6 rats, 1 conure, 1 cockatiel, 1 lovebird, 1 cockroach

- Bracelets, Beads + Supplies!
post #8 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009, 12:24 AM
Aspires to Stupidity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittney View Post

I do not buy any animals or products from pet stores. My cats are from my mothers cat that she had. Their food is from a pet store that does not sell animals. My fish and hermies are from Walmart since there is no where else around here to get them from.

I also told my mom off when she was going to breed her pomeranian. It doesn't matter to me who the person is, if I think what they are doing with their animals is wrong then no matter who it is, I will say something. I stand up for those who cannot speak for themselves.
post #9 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009, 12:27 AM
Curmudgeon

This would be a great troll thread...

I find it hard to imagine a more 'lively' topic.

Tinkerbell19, please don't take this too personally, but there is a general distaste for breeders on this board. Most folks would rather see people adopt rather than breed. Few breeders are doing it for the good of the breed, most are in it for the money. Greed and selfishness, to put it bluntly.

You might want to rethink your plans, ...or rethink posting about them. I doubt you'll get a very warm reception here...

Personally, I'm not suggesting you leave, I'd like to hear about your animals, but I don't want to hear how you are adding to the surplus pet problem.

Bob

The Mistress
"Cogito Ergo Zoom"
I think, therefore I drive fast.
post #10 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009, 02:57 AM
Adolescent Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post

Good post, please listen. Total agree with everything. There is no reason to become a byb just because whoever had this dog before was doing so. It seems odd for any respectable breeder to get a dog and just come into a pet driven forum to say pass along these details.

So I agree with all except for the "much better companion". My intact boys are wonderful companions, no less then neutered boys. I've not found my altered ones to be better companion then my intact ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittney View Post

For the first question - Not me, especially wouldn't buy a dog from a pet store if thats what you mean. Not all pet stores sell animals, some just have leads, food, toys, ect. I prefer to order most of my products because it is cheaper or buy them at shows sometimes support other vendors.

For the last question again not me. Most of my dogs are from breeders although I didn't pay for many of them so its not like keeping some breeder "in business". The last dog that I did actually buy from a breeder was a reputable one IMO. They were not breeding for money, just to breed without rhyme or reason, ect. They had previous happy buyers, health testing, titles/tested for work, good temperaments, nice pedigree, contract, health guarantee. I'm not anti breeder. There are big differences from one breeder to the next.

My cats are all feral, strays or dumped off here.

Goats did come from a breeder also I'd guess you'd say, but then he was quitting the goat breeding business. They are considered livestock anyway, their purpose is to be bred for profit by most people. He actually sold them at very reasonable price considering their value. Could have made more $ taking them to auction too if only wanted to make $. Regardless I wouldn't expect someone to just give away all their goats from a successful breeding program. Oh and few were actually just given away by their owners because they got them more as pets but then didn't want them when they grew up and couple even abandoned like how people abandon a dog.

I can go on if you like................

Check Them Out

Last edited by Spicy_Bulldog; 02-01-2009 at 03:08 AM.
post #11 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009, 05:56 AM
RAT ADDICT

I am not anti-breeding at all...BUT the only way I agree with breeding is if it is done to better the breed.Done resposible...not "just because I want puppies" or to make money!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #12 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009, 07:23 AM Thread Starter

Thats the thing im not doing it for money!
I am doing it for him he isnt forced into it, apparantly the lady who had him wasnt going to breed him but everytime a ***** was about to go into season he instantly knew and follwed her everywhere she also had a spayed female who he would hump regularly its something he wanted to do himself.
There is plenty of respectful breeders out there that may do it for money but they also do it as a hobby, its not like these pups arent looked after and if people pay £1,100 for a pug im ptretty sure there not just going to dump him!
Im sorry i respect all your opinions but its just something that i wanted to do for him.
post #13 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009, 08:48 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Male dogs try to mate. It's what they do. There is nothing about the scenario that you described that means your dog NEEDS to mate any more than any other dog. He does not need to mate, and if you are worried about his urges then you should definitely have him neutered.

Responsible breeders pick carefully who they want to breed. If your breeder was not going to breed him then there was probably a reason for that. Please don't breed "for him", I think that would be incredibly irresponsible.

Maureen

Six new rats
post #14 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009, 09:11 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikko View Post
My fish and hermies are from Walmart since there is no where else around here to get them from.
...and that is exactly what I am talking about.

Too many people talk too much and don't follow what they speak themselves... a little too many people are guilty of this here.

:-)
1 rabbit, 6 rats, 1 conure, 1 cockatiel, 1 lovebird, 1 cockroach

- Bracelets, Beads + Supplies!
post #15 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009, 09:16 AM Thread Starter

Ok but at the end of the day my point is if NOONE bred.. noone would have any animals... they would all die out and to be honest i think its better to keep animals going rather than not.. If you are a responsible breeder and you know what your doing.. your dogs a save.. and loved.. and cared for i dont see what the problem is its better than people breeding them ALL the time and ignoring the dogs and pups!
I dont find it cruel so noone on here has ever bred anything? wether it be dogs.. or mice? hamsters? cats? rats? nothing?
Its not nasty if there well looked after
Closed Thread