Pulling our heart strings... - Page 5 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 151 (permalink) Old 12-14-2004, 12:01 PM

Awww...look at that BABY!! I love the 'pouty bottom lip'!! (Kali has that too..lots of people say she probably has some boxer in her lines somewhere)
Sounds like she's settling in a lot faster than our Roxie did...she hid mostly for the first few weeks and was scared to death of people. Sounds like Gracie is going to do just fine. She'll begin eating for you soon and you'll be amazed at how well she fills out with good food, excersize and love! Definetly keep us updated on her progress...if she's 26 pounds or so now, (looking like that) Expect her to be a good 40-45 within a couple of months. I can't imagine what she looked like at 17 pounds! I bet there was absolutely nothing to her! Give her a big hug and a kiss from me, right between the nose and the upper lip (yeah, sounds gross, but they love it)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 151 (permalink) Old 12-14-2004, 12:51 PM Thread Starter
Poo dont scare me!!!

Max and Har get that kiss all the time...I figure they have decently clean mouths...I kiss 'em right on those squishy lips!! Haha...Max always tries to lick me but he is too slow and it always just looks like he licks his lips after ya kiss him...Hars quicker and sometimes gets ya! Ha ha...

Yeah...she is doing so great...she still is very timid and shy...but we know that the nub wagging and her trying to be with us every second is a good sign that she is gonna be just fine. We just make sure we talk quiet and in a happy voice all the time with her. I think she trusts us...but is still a little weary...which I would be too if I lived my life the way she has lived hers.

And thanks again everyone...you guys are all so nice...you guys all being so wonderful about us getting her...but I just feel I did what any one of us would have done.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #63 of 151 (permalink) Old 12-14-2004, 01:11 PM

I wouldn't have been able to resist her either...just look at that face!! (and that pouty bottom lip!) She's going to get away with SOO much due to that lip ya know
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 151 (permalink) Old 12-14-2004, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
Poo dont scare me!!!

OH yes...I know that already...she already started in on me...why do you think I couldnt put her in the crate last nite??

post #65 of 151 (permalink) Old 12-14-2004, 01:24 PM

You are done for!
post #66 of 151 (permalink) Old 12-14-2004, 01:26 PM Thread Starter
Poo dont scare me!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinchilla_Girl
You are done for!

Yup...I sure am...I had a feeling it would happen! Haha...

post #67 of 151 (permalink) Old 12-14-2004, 02:20 PM

She is sooo cute!
post #68 of 151 (permalink) Old 12-14-2004, 06:07 PM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

She is precious. Her name fits her so well!

Looking at how skinny she is honestly brought a tear to my eye. I am so, so, so, SO happy that she found such a great and loving home with you guys! It's horrible that there are people that would put a dog in that condition, but thankfully there are saviours out there like you that come along and give those poor abused creatures the love and happiness they have a right to.

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #69 of 151 (permalink) Old 12-14-2004, 06:08 PM
Miss New Booty

Awww Mel, she is beautiful. It brought tears to my eyes now to see how skinny she really is in the photos, omg. But I know she will be gaining wieght in no time with you and Josh! I'm so glad to hear you all had a good night, I hope tonight goes well and it sounds like everyone is going to get along just fine. Give Grace a hug from me. It sounds like she has a new best friend named Gabby, too, that's so sweet!

~* Jackie *~

post #70 of 151 (permalink) Old 12-14-2004, 06:42 PM

Melissa, you have yourself a very pretty girl! I bet she can't believe she has a warm house, food, doggie friends, and owners that love and care for her. It is amazing how much dogs endure if they have to. This is going to be a great Christmas for precious Grace. It was definitely fate that you found her.
post #71 of 151 (permalink) Old 12-14-2004, 06:56 PM

Red face

Another Jasmine, one of my bunnies is called Jasmine, nickname Jazzy.. Congrats again..
post #72 of 151 (permalink) Old 12-14-2004, 08:18 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

oh my, look at her beautiful face! she is going to be absolutely gorgeous when she gets some weight on her! she is so pretty now! i am so happy that you guys took her in!!

it will be a very very merry christmas for grace!!

post #73 of 151 (permalink) Old 12-14-2004, 09:10 PM
Obsessed With Turtles

Mel I cried looking at her pictures... she is soo precious & is incredibly lucky to have you to save her & show her love. I can't wait to see how she turns around as I'm sure in no time at all she will be filled out & beautiful as ever!
post #74 of 151 (permalink) Old 12-14-2004, 09:21 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

She has the most precious face Mel! Looking at those pics of how skinny she is is horrible. I can't even begin to imagine what she wuld have looked like at 17 pounds. You need to start a weight thread so we can follow her progress!!!! And Gabby is her best friend How adorable!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #75 of 151 (permalink) Old 12-14-2004, 10:20 PM

Those pictures of how skinny she is made me cry. I am SO glad you brought her into your life Melissa. And I know she's thankful to have a wonderful home, too.

Tags
adoption fee, animal cruelty, animal planet, dog bed, dog food, doing fine, dry food, humane society, local humane society, pet supplies, potty train, potty trained, stuffed animal, wet food