Pup questions - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 11:20 PM Thread Starter

Pup questions

Ok its been a long time since I have had a pup as young as Cairo, around the house. She was born March 6. Her mother rejected the little at 2 weeks. I gave her a dose of worm medicine on Saturday. I am probably just paranoid, but she has me a little worried. Today she was in the floor at my feet whining so I put her up on the couch, she kept whining and tried to get down so I put her down. She then started whining to get back up there. We went through this about 10 times. Also when she sleeps she will start jerking, I mean hardcore. I have woke her a few times afraid she is having a seizure or something. I have had pups who jerk in their sleep before, but never like this. Any ideas? or am I just being a worrywart?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 12:38 AM
Miss New Booty

I don't know much about dogs having seizures but I know how it is when cats have them. Is anything else abnormal when she is jerking around, like foaming at the mouth or anything like that? If you wake her up while she's doing this, will she wake up normal? It's possible she could be dreaming, but they way you describe it sounds like she is really shaking around. Since she's so little, I wonder if her blood sugar dropped? What breed of dog is she? I know when my guys were little, they said to give them this gel stuff (can't think of the name right now) to make sure their blood sugar stayed up as puppies, but all mine are small breed dogs, so I'm just trying to think here..
Here's a link I found on that..
http://www.canine-epilepsy-guardian-...poglycemia.htm
Is she eating 2-3 times a day?
I would definately bring it up to the vet. Hope that helped somewhat, keep us posted!

~* Jackie *~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
breed dogs