Pup shoots man, saves litter mates - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-10-2004, 05:04 AM Thread Starter
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

Wink Pup shoots man, saves litter mates

PENSACOLA, Florida (AP) -- Nice shootin', Rex!

A man who tried to shoot seven puppies was shot himself when one of the dogs put its paw on the revolver's trigger.

Jerry Allen Bradford, 37, was charged with felony animal cruelty, the Escambia County Sheriff's Office said Wednesday. He was being treated at a hospital for a gunshot wound to his wrist.

Bradford said he decided to shoot the 3-month-old shepherd-mix dogs in the head because he couldn't find them a home, according to the sheriff's office.

On Monday, Bradford was holding two puppies -- one in his arms and another in his left hand -- when the dog in his hand wiggled and put its paw on the trigger of the .38-caliber revolver. The gun then discharged, the sheriff's report said.

Deputies found three of the puppies in a shallow grave outside Bradford's home, said sheriff's Sgt. Ted Roy.

The other four appeared to be in good health and were taken by Escambia County Animal Control, which planned to make them available for adoption.

-- CNN.com

Thought this was cute with a fairly good ending, so I figured I'd share. And at least this horrible person is getting charged with a felony! He's getting what he deserves!

― Rowan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I've been frosted!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-10-2004, 05:20 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Rowan just an FYI this has already been posted
http://www.paw-talk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21584

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-10-2004, 05:23 AM Thread Starter

Haha, thanks Kim! I was going to post it in ChitChat, too! (Had I gone there, I would have seen someone already did that! )

Ah well.

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-10-2004, 10:56 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

your welcome Hey we all post doubles from time to time, it happens

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-11-2004, 02:07 PM Thread Starter

It just goes to show it was an interesting article.

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-11-2004, 06:19 PM
Formerly Known as Roz

Well now I've read the actual news article. So, thanks Rowan!

-

"They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-12-2004, 07:55 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Go puppy go!

Adoption. Is the living option.
Can't Afford The Vet? Can't Afford the Pet!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-13-2004, 08:12 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Too bad the puppy wasn't a better shot! Tell me this guy wouldn't kill a human if he could carry them out and shoot these innocent little pups, one by one!

Tags
animal control, animal cruelty, county animal control