Puppers - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 04:22 PM Thread Starter
Dinky Corsetkisser

Puppers

A few years ago when we took Puppers to his routine vet check-up they found a large mass, it was cancer. They did so many tests after that, it wasn't a curible cancer, we were told our time was limited. We took him to another vet check-up (regular visit to make sure is isn't suffering) and they discovered it was now in his lypnoids (spelling is so off) and that is was growing at a faster rate than before...talk about heart breaking.

Puppers has been a part of this family since he was a tiny little puppy, he started off as my brothers, but when David got to weak and depressed to take care of him he came to live with me. Since that first day he has been my shadow, we are inseperable, he used to sleep on the bed with me, he can no longer make that jump, he used to ride in the car wherever we went, he now gets sick, but we still do everything togather, hes my best friend, he has helped me get through the loss of my grandma and my poodle (19 years old), he has guarded me and protected me from all that may hurt me...he has been a true and loyal friends, and now I am doing all I can to make sure he is in no pain and that all the rest of his days are amazing...Puppers is a special dog, a one of a kind, a true gentle soul. I think losing your beloved friend quickly is so much easier than knowing they are dieing, and then I thank god I know so I can do all the right things for him and so I can show him everyday and in everyway that I love him.

Hes still playing, eating, drinking and wagging his little nubbin like crazy...his eyes are still so full of life...it will break my heart when that light goes out...

Sorry I just had to share this with people who would understand my pain, my sadness...Puppers is my boy, my very best friend...

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 04:44 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I'm sorry, at least knowing the days are numbered makes it able to truely appreciate him and do things you want to do special for him

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 05:31 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Well no one told puppers he's sick if he's still being his old self. I remember the vet told us that my first dachshund, Louie (in my avatar), was going to get diabetes and pass pretty quickly since he had a pancreas issue since he was 10 years old. That dog lived to be 16. You may know his days are limited, but you don't know the extent. Enjoy your time with him while you can. I can truely understand how you feel though. I grew up with Louie and he was my best friend. I'm so sorry that puppers condition is worsening. He is a beautiful dog with a very sweet face.

--------------------
~Marcia

--------------------------

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 06:06 PM
I'm not weird, I'm gifted

I hope you give him pease when he starts to feel the effects of the cancer.
It is so hard to se a dog dieing from cancer, but it will get better
If you can, then get him put to sleep at home when the time comes.

Good luck with him, and enjoy him the time you have left

/Pia

I apologized if my english is not correct
Owned by chinchillas since 1997
Breeding since 2005

<-- Check out my blog for Chinfo
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 09:20 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Aww, so sorry to hear about Puppers. I know it's really hard. Just keep on loving him while he's still around. He is a gorgeous boy and I know he means the world to you.

Maureen

Six new rats
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 09:46 PM Thread Starter
Dinky Corsetkisser

thank you all for the support...hes asleep under my legs as always...we are going back to the vet next week to get some more blood drawn...hes truelly a happy go lucky boy, always has been, hes our loving ballaholic baby lol

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 12:17 AM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

I agree with marmilla. Just don't tell Puppers he is sick - and enjoy everyday you have with him. No one knows when their time will be. My Tyler has been diagnosed with failing kidneys and high blood pressure. I was so worried at first but he has been fine.
Just don't tell Puppers anything and enjoy every moment you have with him and all your furry children.
Please give Puppers a kiss for me.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 03:25 AM Thread Starter
Dinky Corsetkisser

thank you and the kiss was well recieved

We decided as a family to spoil him rotton lol even more so than normal, so we went out and got him a new bed, all furry and manish looking lol...got him a big bone and we bought him a new leash and collar set (its plutos leash and collar lol) my brother has come over almost daily to be with him as well...David was given 3 years to leave 7 years ago so I do know not to go by their time lines...Puppers is my baby, he is truely a special boy...hes sleeping with Lady and Frahnz right now under my chair lol...they all make such a cute picture, I would get the camera out, but then I have to turn on the light lol

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 08:47 AM

Atleast he is still in good spirit just stay positive and keep him happy.I have had dogs all my life and My 1st dog that I chose when I was maybe 2 was a collie mix looked just like a fox she lived to be over 16 years old and just died of old age on my dads 40th bday
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 12:32 PM
Betta Bomb

its ok- i know the pain of losing a much loved dog,in fact i still cry for her now and its been about 4 years.know we're all for you and do keep the kisses coming,please! the pics makes him look happy and i nkow right now he's comfortable.memories are forever , though, and keep that in mind always. your dog is much loved,give him everything he needs and doesnt need!
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 05:20 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I'm sorry about Puppers. It is easy to see he's very special to you.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 09:31 PM Thread Starter
Dinky Corsetkisser

thank you all so much for the support...I love all my dogs so much, but when my 19 year old poodle died it was Puppers who helped get me through it, he never left my side, he just layed with me, he seemed to know how much I was hurting, we became even closer after that, he is such a wonderful dog and I am so blessed to have had him in my life...

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 09:53 PM
RAT ADDICT

Awwwww...I am sorry that his days are numbered.
Make the best of them and I know you will.
He is a big cutie!!! *many hugs*

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-24-2008, 12:02 PM
Zippy Chickenshorts

Awwww, I'm sooo sorry hun
A lady who lives down the road had a dog die of cancer last year, that was Ellie, than her dog Sooty died of old age sonn after that and now, her dog Tilly has beeh diagnosed with cancer so I kinda know what your going through.
I hope you can give Puppers the best time before he passes and my heart goes out to you. xxxx

Pipi my hamster

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

RIP Arthur 10/04/08-22/11/09
RIP Pepper 13/01/08-15/03/10
RIP Husky 10/04/09-20/03/10
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-24-2008, 06:58 PM

Hugs from the midwest Such difficult news, but I hope you will continue to have many love-filled days with puppers.

Tags
cancer, dogs