Puppies! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-04-2004, 07:17 PM
Alika

Puppies!

K, so here's the deal. My family is into shelties. It started with one, and now we/they have three. When I was in high school, my mom let me use my savings account money to buy a sheltie puppy. His name is Marty, and he just celebrated his 6th birthday in October He can't live with me, because we live in an apartment and he just wouldn't be happy. So he lives with my parents and his two girlfriends where he has a huge yard to play in. He'll probably be there for the rest of his life, since I know he's happy there.

Anyway, from time to time people will request puppies from Marty and Rusty (the other female, Charly, doesn't have the best genes and has some health problems). Marty has awesome bloodlines with some champion grandparents. He's a gorgeous dog They only breed Marty and Rusty when people want puppies. The last time they had puppies, a friend of the family bought two of them, and my parents doggie sit sometimes. Often when I go home, there are five or more shelties running around

So anyway, Rusty is pregnant and due any day now. I was thinking that when she has her puppies, you all might like to see some pictures...?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-04-2004, 07:28 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

Are you kidding? Of course we want pictures!! Especially ones of puppies!
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-04-2004, 08:11 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Red face

Yes please! I would love to see puppy pics...

Steph ~ Owned by 4 bunnies and 5 degus..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble
attribute of man." Charles Darwin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-04-2004, 09:21 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Yes please!

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-05-2004, 03:04 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

ooooooooh yah! shelties are great, but sheltie puppies? eeeeeeee!

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-05-2004, 03:22 PM
Adolescent Pup

I would love to see pics. I love puppies! And I know people hate the smell of puppy breath, but i honestly love it! My Akita is due on the 16th!

*Corina's Critter World*

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-05-2004, 05:38 PM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

oh puppy pics are great. We're gonna be loaded with them. All the more cuteness if you ask me. HEHE

I love puppy breath too Corina.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-05-2004, 05:53 PM

We'd love to see pics Alika! I didn't know you liked/had a dog. I can't wait to see pics!!!!!!
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-05-2004, 06:43 PM
Alika

Quote:
We'd love to see pics Alika! I didn't know you liked/had a dog. I can't wait to see pics!!!!!!
LOL, Josie. I only talk about the pets that live with me. I miss my Marty, though. Whenever I go visit, he follows me around the house like a lost soul. He knows who his mama is I raised that one from 5 weeks... his crate was in my room and I toilet trained him, obedience trained him, and even agility trained him. It's hardly birds.com conversation.

I just got off the phone with my mom. They stayed home from church today because they think Rusty is in labor They might have puppies tonight. I live an hour and a half away, so I might not get to see them for awhile, but I will DEFINITELY take pictures when I can! Maybe for Christmas... then the puppies will be old enough to be really cute

I love shelties. The herding group and the working group are my favorites. But hubby and I have decided that when we get a house, we want a husky dog.

Can't wait!

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-05-2004, 06:51 PM

How exciting! I've never been to a live puppy birth before, cats yes, but not dogs. That would be really neat! Yeah, dogs really aren't birds.com conversation, that's why it's nice to have a multi-animal forum. Huskies and shelties are so pretty! My sister-in-law is going to living with us for several months and she'll be bringing her Samoyed with her. She sounds like a great dog and it'll be interesting to have a dog bigger than Mighty around here.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-05-2004, 07:30 PM
Alika

Well, the only picture I could find of Marty is a puppy picture. I know I have lots more, I just can't seem to find them. My computer was trashed by a virus early this summer. If the pictures were digital, they're probably long gone

But, awwww! I sure miss his puppy days! His babies are just as gorgeous as he is. He won grand champion in conformation at the fair the last 2 years in a row.

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-05-2004, 07:33 PM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-05-2004, 08:42 PM

He is just adorable!!!!!
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-10-2004, 02:03 PM
Alika

Quote:
He is just adorable!!!!!
Thank you

Well, my sister called yesterday to say that the puppies were born. I didn't talk to her, so I don't know the details, but there are 8, which is the most we've ever had. In the past, some have died, so I don't know yet whether all 8 lived, or whether some of those 8 died, or whether there were more that died that just didn't figure into the count (not to be morbid or anything) Oh, and I guess they all look like Marty (Marty is borderline tri-color -black white and brown-, but Rusty, the mom, is sable)

I might not make it up there until Christmas, but I'll be sure to take pictures when I do!

post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-10-2004, 03:54 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

Aww...Congrats on the pups and I hope you can get those pics soon...anyway a family member can take some and e-mail them to you We HAVE to have pics!!

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at