puppy chewing, house training,barking problem - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-22-2012, 08:21 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

puppy chewing, house training,barking problem

I have two puppies ones my grandma's and ones mine and no matter what I do they still want to chew on the carpet wooden things and our underwear. I've tried everything my friend has told me to do and still doesn't work. I've tried spanking them but not hard, I've tried vinegar, I've tried positive scolding. They just won't learn not to and they are both smart just stubborn. And my dog barks at every little sound or movement. My dog is a Chihuahua/Dachshund mix that is 8 months old and my grandma's is a Dachshund that is about 4 to 5 months. I don't know if that has anything to do with anything. And they are pretty good at not peeing in the house its just pooping is more of a problem. Oh and none of them are neutered. I need some major tips and help, because we live in an apartment and we can't afford anymore damage to it. So if anyone can help me please do.

<3 my man
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-23-2012, 01:31 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

Well for one thing, neutering them would calm them down. Also, are they being taken for walks? It sounds like they have a lot of energy to release, and you can't expect that them running around a house, or being taken outside strictly to go to the bathroom is going to be enough. They need focused walks around the neighborhood, several times a day if possible, and that will get rid of their boundless energy, and make them more capable of listening to you.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-23-2012, 03:38 PM
Adolescent Pup

When our dog was a puppy and would chew on something we didn't want her to, we would tell her "no" to stop her from chewing on stuff she shouldn't, and give her a chew toy which was acceptable. She learned pretty quickly what she could chew on what she couldn't.

Where all pets are special!!
(New members welcome and always appreciated!)

Pop in and give us a look, and if you like what you see, we'd love to have you join our wonderful community
!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-24-2012, 09:23 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I think the best way to keep dogs from chewing on things they shouldn't is always have things that are tastier and more fun for dogs to chew around. Lots of chew toys and toys and exercise and supervision is the way to go.

Barking is part of that breed, and nuetering will help with marking and maybe with barking. When my dog barks because he is alerting me to something i acknowledge that i get what he is telling me, and if he continues i tell him enough.

Doxies are pretty hard to potty train as well, they are a challenging breed in many ways.

[/CENTER]

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-25-2012, 10:57 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Thank you guys I will try and do everything again plus some of your guys tips. Which I've also done. Except the neutering because got to wait until checks come and bills payed. Thank you guys so much

<3 my man

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-26-2012, 08:46 PM
Playful Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalFamily View Post
When our dog was a puppy and would chew on something we didn't want her to, we would tell her "no" to stop her from chewing on stuff she shouldn't, and give her a chew toy which was acceptable. She learned pretty quickly what she could chew on what she couldn't.
I tried to command my pet dog about that, but he still chew the table legs and I'm afraid that one day he might chew the cables. When i say "no" to him while he was chewing, he whines and runaway then after a few minutes, he chews the table legs again.

Top-Quality, Reliable and Fashionable
and
-PetStreetMall.com

Tags
barking, chewing, dog, potty training, puppy