Pure Bread Pocket Beagle........ - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 91 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 06:32 PM Thread Starter
Betta Bomb

Pure Bread Pocket Beagle........

Was on kijiji to pst an ad for my spare room and came across this ad:

Pure Bread Pocket Beagle - Female

View larger image

Date Listed 17-Oct-09 Price $450.00 Address St. John's, NL, A1C 0A2

11 week old pocket beagle, first vacination, DE-WORMED, parvo test negative, xrays to show perfection, vet file established, pee pad trained including trained to respond to sit, lie down and stay. You must be an experienced dog owner with lots of patience to continue to train a beagle puppy / dog. You must love animals and be prepared for her long term expenses. Serious inquiries only. References required. Starter kit included along with her coat, sweaters.... etc. Respond via email with your phone number and I will get back to you.

So I HAD to email her, I'll post that from my email archives...People who are wrong get SO defensive!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 91 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
Betta Bomb

• Ummm, there's no such thing as a 'pocket beagle'. What the heck do you mean? And why are you re homing her?
  • Obviously she will not go to you....... And there is such a breed.
  • Im not interested in her as a pet for myself. I was only wondering why you would label a beagle as a pocket beagle when it's clearly just a pup. Puppies grow up and your only mis-informing the public and someone who maybe wants a small dog. If you were told this is a breed then you were lied to and I think you should do some research first. As part of a "starter pack" you are including shirts and cutsey accessories. What you probably only recently disovered is that this poor ceature is a live being with a huge responsibility attached. Unlike Paris Hilton's idea of perfect dog ownership where she doesnt have to deal with the poo, the training, and health and socializtion. Her dog is only an accessory. I hope you are able to find a home for your mis-guided pup, I truly feel bad for her. All she wants is stability in her life, I hope she finds it with an educated owner who understands her needs are more than a pretty pj set with ear holes.
  • Wow you have some very serious issues. Please do not contact me again. I am an advid intelligent animal lover/ person whom has spent thousands on various rescues...... You clearly have no mannors or any idea about any breed..... I suggest to take your built up anger elsewhere
  • Wow, Im sorry. Tell me again why Im angry? I think people who pretend they know everything should be the ones to stand back and look back at themselves from a different perspective. I simply asked you a question. Who told you this was a "breed"? You are rehoming a beagle. Not a 'pocket beagle', there is no such thing! All I was questioning you on.
  • Again.... I will report this.... Do NOT contact me again. I pray that you have NO animals whom have to be around such behavior. I care for cats/dogs on a daily basis. The SPCA knows my stable reputation with animals. I suggest you seek counceling
  • Report what? Im doing nothing wrong. Your getting seriously defensive for no reason, anger. Enjoy your world of unstable perceptions of evil and wrong doings from the people around you. Jeez, paranoid much?
  • Again. Do not contact me.
post #3 of 91 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 07:26 PM
RAT ADDICT

That angers me,because she is stupid.There is no such thing as a "pocket beagle".They are runts.The fact that she is getting so angry and defensive disturbs me.I just hope this pup gets a loving home.It saddens me too though because there are already so many homeless and unwanted beagles and Beagle Paws is FULL of homeless dogs...

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 91 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 07:45 PM
is a little "special"

Acually, there apparently are "Pocket Bealges"~ http://www.pocketbeagles.com/

It does seem more like that lady is selling her dog as more of an accessorie as anything though. And she never said WHY she was rehoming it...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #5 of 91 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 07:48 PM
Hello Earthling

A lot of people on Kijiji and other used sites are crazy, and mostly in it for the money.
I am always to tempted to email them but I always force my self not too.

So many people are trying to re home animals that you can't own here, they want you to pay the big bucks for a mutt etc...

post #6 of 91 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 08:57 PM
RAT ADDICT

Todays "pocket beagles" are unhealthy runts...take a look at these links.Just look it up.REPUTABLE BREEDERS DO NOT BREED "POCKET BEAGLES".Having been involved with a beagle rescue I am VERY against this.

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/dont-...t-beagles.html

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...7224428AAqpoWh

http://www.smartpetshop.co.uk/pet-su...ld-be-avoided/

http://www.artipot.com/articles/2660...ket-beagle.htm

http://kyleewood.com/aboutbeagles.htm

* Lisa *

post #7 of 91 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 08:58 PM
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
Acually, there apparently are "Pocket Bealges"~ http://www.pocketbeagles.com/

This appears to be a backyard breeder site to me.REPUTABLE and RESPONSIBLE breeders will not breed runty dogs.Breeding dogs should be about improving the breed standard,not making money off "trends".

* Lisa *

post #8 of 91 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 09:20 PM
Suffers from Title Envy

pocket always equals unhealthy, runt.
same for "tea-cup"

post #9 of 91 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 10:09 PM
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratty_ratkins View Post
pocket always equals unhealthy, runt.
same for "tea-cup"
Exactly!

* Lisa *

post #10 of 91 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 10:31 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Just because she has coats and sweaters doesn't mean she is just used for cuteness. Yeah, it sounds like a wierd situation, but you went apeshit on that person. They probably just used pocket beagle as a term they saw somewhere. There are some inconsistencies, but wow, you sounded a little more than a little crazy in those emails. I wouldn't have taken anything you said seriously, just because you came off as you did. No offense, just for future reference.
post #11 of 91 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 10:34 PM
Suffers from Title Envy

that lady deserves someone to go apeshit on her.

post #12 of 91 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 10:37 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I dunno, she sounded concerned about his welfare enough to train him and do vet stuff, and to put in there that he should go to a good home
post #13 of 91 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 10:41 PM
I'm not weird, I'm gifted

Sounds like it would be possible to make a pocket beagle again, but you would need to select small animals, and breed for who know how many generations, to get something like a pocket beagle...

It would be near impossible to do with out inbreeding or linebreeding the animals.

/Pia

I apologized if my english is not correct
Owned by chinchillas since 1997
Breeding since 2005

<-- Check out my blog for Chinfo
post #14 of 91 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 10:48 PM
Adolescent Pup

It's not a breed...it's not recognized by the AKC or UKC so therefore she is advertising the dog under false pretenses. The 13 inch Beagle and 15 inch Beagle are the only two recognized sizes by both organizations...

Just like anything with the word "teacup" is not a breed, and cockapoo, yorkiepoo, shihpoo, goldendoodle, labradoodle, and puggle, are all fake dogs. They are just overpriced mutts...
post #15 of 91 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 11:00 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

well yeah, but people DO call their "overpriced mutts" those names. So maybe it is not a breed, but I'm saying that it is a word that is recognizable.