Question - I don't Want to Upset of Offend... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-27-2003, 11:02 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Question Question - I don't Want to Upset of Offend...

I have some pretty good pictures of Max on his adventure in Canada.
He was in the field and working as the dog he was bred to be, a bird dog.
I do not want to post any pictures of him retrieving pheasant if it will at all offend or upset *anyone*.

I do understand and totally respect people's anti-hunting views. I have to say - it took me a long time to understand the sport.

Being only 7 months old he was getting great exposure and training. He did come home knowing his purpose! (As strange as that sounds?)

Anyway- I would never want to upset or offend anyone - or spark a debate in this section...

Let me know what you think? I really do want to be respectful.

[center]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-27-2003, 11:20 PM

Well its a dog using its complete instinct and do what it is supposed to do. The only problem I have with hunting is that the people they give permits to don't neccesserily have proper skill so all I get is a bunch of drunk yahoos with guns trapsing through my backyard. I am waiting for the day when a bullet hits my house (hopefully nothing else). I have threatend to get a paint gun and start shooting at these idiots, I have lots of property and I shouldn't even be able to hear them never mind see them.

Anyhow I don't have a problem. We've all watched national geographic and watched how animals actually have to live when they are not pets. Besides the dog isn't doing the hunting he's just retrieving.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-28-2003, 12:40 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Dena - oh I agree with you about the uninformed, unskilled morons who trapse around! I do NOT like to hear gunshot that close to my house! They aren't supposed to be hunting there in the first place!

When my husband (and his dad, brothers etc.) hunt (he grew up hunting) they aren't trophy hunting -they actually eat everything they hunt. They also donate venison to food banks. He doesn't like to deer hunt in this area for the exact reason you mentioned.

He grew up in Michigan where opening day was a school holiday. Being raised in the city- well this was just beyond comprehension.

I actually want to learn to be a good handler and put Max in competion trials. I love this breed and should he turn out to excell in the field, conform to breed standard (we already know he has an excellent temperment) I'd like to continue the lineage.

They've been breeding this line of champions for about 30 years.

Anyway I am getting off-topic- sorry

[center]

[
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-28-2003, 03:22 AM
Incubator Cricket Killer

I say go ahead and post them, just make sure the title of your thread says what they are so that anyone who doesn't want to see can be warned. I definetly want to see!

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-28-2003, 10:18 AM
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

I agree with what Becki said. And I want to see them too!

~ Jodi ~

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-28-2003, 10:24 AM
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

I'll take a peek!

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-28-2003, 10:44 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Feel Free, Deja. Just put something about hunting pictures in the thread so that if anyone IS offended, they can choose to pass it by. I'd like to take a peek myself.

Stephanie

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-28-2003, 10:56 AM
Poo dont scare me!!!

Yeah me too! I want to see the pics!

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-28-2003, 01:53 PM
Indecision Queen

I totally agree with posting them I would like to see them. I grew up in Wyoming so hunting is one of those things that everyone did. I'm used to it, besides like everyone else said it's just nature.
AngelaT

~Angela and the group~
Oscar~ Male Crested Gecko
Burt~ Male Leopard Gecko
Ernie~ Male Leopard Gecko
Candy~ Female Ball Python
Gidget~ Female Leopard Gecko
Paige~ Female Cholcolate Chihuahua
Marley~ Female Harlequin Great Dane
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-28-2003, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Thanks you guys! I'll resize and start a new thread making sure I state the nature of the pictures clearly in the topic!

[center]

[
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-28-2003, 04:28 PM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

I'd totally look too.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-28-2003, 08:53 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Quote:
He grew up in Michigan where opening day was a school holiday
Alot of people in my area refer to it as Christmas with guns....that may be going a bit far, but it is like a huge holiday in this area. (yes, I hunt and fish and nothing goes to waste).

Rhonda

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-28-2003, 08:58 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Deja, hats off to you for even checking with the folks here before posting. You are one considerate member.

Life Is Short
Stay Awake For It! Caribou Coffee

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-28-2003, 09:03 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Ditto to what Pigsterz said!

Rhonda