Reagan,Ajax & Gidget update!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-19-2004, 10:23 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Smile Reagan,Ajax & Gidget update!!

I just wanted to update you all on the adoptions process of Reagan, Ajax and Gidget......First off I wanted to say that we have decided NOT to adopt Gidget out She has become more of a member of our family than we realized and because of our love for her, we have decided to keep her forever!!!!
Reagan was adopted on Sunday....The lady that manages TGI Friday's at the base is married to an Italian and lives here in Italy.... She used to work with the SPCA in Virginia Beach, and recenlty her kitty passed away due to old age, and she lost a few of her dog's for the same reason. They have a chiuahuah (sp) but they missed having a big dog around. We met with them on Sunday and their little girl who is 14 months ran up to Reagan and grabbed both of his cheeks and he did nothing, just sat there why she tormented him it was a match made in heaven....He is doing very well with his new family and they said he is very happy as they all are.
Ajax has a chance at a good home here (without going to Texas), we were contacted by a family that did some foster care for Darren and I when we had our handsful when working with nfoa. Jamie (the mom and wife) was raised around great danes and missed having a big dog, they currently have 2 children one is only about 2 and the other is school age (not sure of the exact age), she wanted us to bring Ajax out, so we did and while we were there her daughter played with Ajax even gave him a biscuit and he did nothing to show any harm to her, they got along great. However they do have a pug and because "whiskers" snorts alot we think Ajax think's she is snarling and growling at him and that inturn makes him snarl and growl back and was a bit scary there for awhile. They are willing to take it day by day and let Ajax get used to the new surroundings and slowly introduce him to whiskers while being guided on a lead, so with our fingers crossed we are hoping Ajax will accept and get along with whiskers and have a forever home with a family that is sure to love and care for him the way he deserves. If that doesn't work we are hoping he will still be able to go to the training program in Dallas.
We are happy to see that Reagan got the family he deserves and that Ajax may get the same

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-19-2004, 10:46 AM
Poo dont scare me!!!

That sounds great! Hopefully Ajax will end up getting along with the Pug! And what a great story for Reagan too!

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-19-2004, 11:50 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Thanks Melissa....We are both hoping Ajax will get along with the Pug he deserves much happiness

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-19-2004, 12:18 PM
Miss New Booty

Awww Kimmers! That is wonderful news! I'm so happy they were adopted! I hope Ajax gets along with the pug dog! Keep us posted!!

~* Jackie *~

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-19-2004, 12:22 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

I'm so happy for them Kim! I hope things work out with Ajax and Whiskers!

Rats have rights...& mice too!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-19-2004, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Thanks Jackie & Steph....I will be sure to keep you all updated, we will be calling again tomorrow to see how things are going with Ajax

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-20-2004, 12:04 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

Awesome. I hope everything does work out well with Ajax.

:-)
1 rabbit, 6 rats, 1 conure, 1 cockatiel, 1 lovebird, 1 cockroach

- Bracelets, Beads + Supplies!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-20-2004, 02:39 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

oh wow kim! that's great!! i hope everything works out. i think it's kind of funny that he thinks the pug is growling when he snorts.

congrats on gidget! you need to post some pics soon, girl!

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-20-2004, 02:51 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Thanks Jane I know it was funny, everytime whiskers (the pug) would come around it would make that snuffle sound and Ajax would go bazerk I hope it does work, I will try to post more pics soon, the last one I posted of Gidget was the "play puppy of the year" picture ....haha!!!

MCBA Member

Submit your info today