Registered name is...?? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 01:20 AM Thread Starter
PT's Troll Hunter

Registered name is...??

So, if you're dog has a registered name, share it with us!

I'm looking for a neat name to register Dakota as, but I'm totally lost of ideas.

Her dad is "Little Tony's Jack" and her mom is "Our Lady Jiill".

Any ideas??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 02:54 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

i have an idea:

Little Dakota Came Tumbling After

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 03:50 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Our 2 Rotties actually came with papers, however we haven't registered either, even though the female was pretty much a "give away" sort of speaking..... Our Male whose name is Dakota (as well) is Buster Brown Dakota (because he is such a dope) and our female Gidget is BooBoo's Giddy Gidget (because she is so Giddy) hahaha, I know dorky names, but that is what is on their papers even though they haven't been sent in
Jane your idea is cute btw

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 04:52 AM
Tarzan Mama of Two

Jane I love that idea!!!!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 07:14 AM Thread Starter
PT's Troll Hunter

I really like Janes idea!

post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 07:32 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

thanks mal!

post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 08:02 AM
I Just Need One!

Very cute!

Mickey's registered name is simply "Premina's [the breeder] Mickey *our last name*".

Liana, Mickey, Sky & Rocket

post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 08:10 AM
Adolescent Pup

lol my friends golden Dakota is registered at "Captain Duke Dakota" lol Blair is my only Registered dog unless you count NAFA. his Registered name is "Weskys My Boyfriend Blair" if you count NAFA misty is "Mistletoe Mischief" happys is just happy, but everyone who knows her calls her "Happydog" or "happy snappy" lol

Shayna and the crew!

gonna miss ya Honey(Sheba) glad you back home.
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 11:19 AM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

Jane's idea is great, but it won't fit. Registration papers have 28 spaces. All punctuation and spaces between words count in that.

Mal, Dakota does not have to be in his registered name either. A lot of people have their call name different.

My dogs are Von Shena's (the breeder) great Gazoo.

Chewy is Chartier's Chewin it up

and Rebel is Chartier's sweet rebellion

Legend's registered name is Chartiers little intimidator. (no, i'm not a racing freak at all)

What's his personality like? Does he have any quirks? I'll see what I can think up for ideas.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 01:10 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Jack is AKC registered but we knew from the start he is purely pet quality - we got real goofy and described his personality as a puppy in his registered name -

Jack DeManiac (dorky, I know )

We didn't do much better with Max

Massimo Samson Vanator (Sam is his dad who belongs to my in-laws and Massimo is Italian for Max) - I didn't use the Kennel name like the rest of the bunch - North Valley so he's the outcast as far as his name ) I wasn't thinking ahead to possibly breeding him - he doesn't have a very regal name

Remy - not decided yet - I am still waiting for the breeder to send me her registration. She'll have a limited AKC registration because the breeder contract was - provide proof of spay and then limited registration will be provided. I'll probably add the Breeder's Kennel name in hers because I think it's pretty - Arabesque - so Remy something of Arabesque - knowing me, it'll be dorky

Remy's mom has the cutest Registered name - they call her Mia but her registered name is Park Royal's Me Myself and I. She was the only surviving pup in the litter

Did you know that you can look up your dog's (or any dog's) registration number and see the pedigree by registering on the AKC.org site? It's pretty interesting!

Chrissane is right - you can call the dog anything you wish and register him or her something completely unique and different. If you aren't going to show, breed or trial the dog for any titles what you use as the registered name can be totally off the wall - I've seen some really strange ones!

[center]

[
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 03:52 PM
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

Jack & Jill's Pride?

post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 03:57 PM
Poo dont scare me!!!

Capn' I think thats so cute!

post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 04:30 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

Lets see..my first dog was a Golden Retriever...he belonged to my Stepmother and he was "Heller's Golden Shane" Call name: Shane
My Chow was "ShooDoo's Kayjin Queen" Call name: Kayjin
Kali's is "Watkin's Kali-Mamma"
Orion still hasn't been registered with his adult name, but we are thinking "Watkin's Forest Chunk" (because Stupid is as stupid does...he's a little dopey)

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 04:30 PM Thread Starter
PT's Troll Hunter

Gotta question, what about Dakota von Stephanitz??

Its the name of Captian Max von Stephanitz, who is the "father of the breed". (Been doin' my research. )

I wanted something different, and I was looking through my German Shepherd book reading up on the history of the breed, and I thought it would be neat to include von Stephanitz in it... Would I be allowed??

Which lead me to wonder also, what in the world does "von" mean? Is it like Mc or something?? (von Stephanitz, McDonald?)

post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 04:41 PM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

It depends Mal. If Von Stephanitz is a registered kennel name, then no they wont allow it.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted

Tags
german shepherd, golden retriever, pet quality