Remy - Pictures! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Post Remy - Pictures!

Remy is such a good puppy, it's scaring me! She does the funniest things and makes me laugh so hard
Last night she had the *zooms*. She usually gets the zooms a couple of times a day and at around 10:00pm is when she really goes bananas. She got brave and slowly followed Max to the kitchen. I was a little leary because Max was eating and I was hoping he wouldn't react at all if Remy decided to poke her little head into his bowl. Well! She did! And Max, being the good boy that he is just moved his head over and let her share! She took a few nibbbles of puppy food from Max's bowl and Max didn't bat an eye. I was so, so proud of him!

She finally decided it would be a lot of fun to climb Jack Mountain. Jack just sat there looking at me as if he were saying, "Mom! Get this thing off me please?" He's extra gentle with her and would rather back away from her advances to play than mix it up with her the way Max does!

I have Remy set up in an ex-pen (playpen type area) in the den - on top of a blanket and some hospital pads (to protect the carpet in case of accidents). Inside the pen is her crate, her food and water, some toys - and at one end are her "potty pads". This is all new territory for me - this paper training thing! She is so good and only goes on the paper! When I have her out of the pen I put paper down in various places so she gets used to going on them where ever they are. I do give her the "Remy, Go Potty" command and I praise her like heck when I see her using them! It seems to be working!

She is under 2 pounds and I can't see any other way of training her right now. It just wouldn't be healthy or practical to be taking her outside at all right now. She has only had her first series of vaccinations and she just doesn't have the body mass to handle the snow or the bitter cold. She is so small that even if I caught her mid-squat it would take too long to run her outside, across the deck, down the steps and to the lawn. Paper training is the way to go for now. So far, it's working great! Thankfully her poops are inch long tiny turds (sorry for that visual ) and she pees about 2 tablespoons. No smell, which is a real blessing as far as I am concerned!

Here are a few pictures...

Max and Remy on the couch playing...

Remy's favorite way to play with Max - teasing him from under the table...

Remy's ex-pen set up...

Remy in her pen...

Remy playing in my slipper....

Last one for now... Remy with her favorite squeaky toy

Can you tell I just love her!

[center]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 04:06 PM

She is soooooooo cute! I think I will have to kidnap her! How does she do with the cats? I am surprised that you haven't posted a zillion pictures yet but I figured you were too busy playing with her instead of taking pictures.
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

I have taken a zillion pictures of her but I have been such a lazy dope lately!

She gets along great with Paulie Walnuts - he loves her! I have to watch though because he has sharp claws and the other night he grabbed her and put her in a body lock - and I thought he was about to scratch at her with his back feet - the way he would do with one of his stuffed toys!

They follow each other around - and sniff at each other, it's pretty cute. He is so much bigger than her though!
Oh heck - my shoes are bigger than her Everything is bigger than her!

I have a picture of her and Paulie I will post in the cat section

Sammie and Abby just eyeball her - and watch her - they don't seem to care one way or the other. No one has hissed or spit at her... maybe it's because she is so small they don't feel threatened?

[center]

[
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 07:22 PM
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

She's adorable Deja! She has the sweetest face and that cute little button nose. That's great that Max is so taken with her. It really helps to train when you have another older puppy to show the new one the ropes.

I just love your baby girl!

~ Jodi ~

post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 07:28 PM
Miss New Booty

Awwwww she is adorable!!!! She looks sooo teeny tiny in her x pen doesn't she!?!?! That is so cute, her and her toy! Looks like she took after Kahlua and Penny! They love playing with toys bigger than them! Jasmine, though, would love to play with cat mice all day long! She loves small toys! Such cute pics, Linda!

~* Jackie *~

post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 09:41 PM
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

Deja she is gorgeous!

post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 09:45 PM
Formerly Known as Masterjack

Aww, look at her!

I have guinea pigs bigger than her!

Is that her on the left of the pen?

Max is such a good boy, sharing with her.

I've Been Frosted!
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 12:10 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

she's adorable! i remember when penny was that tiny. i'm glad she is doing well. i told you they aren't scared of big dogs! that's awesome that jack and max are so good with her. congrats! and yes, she looks sooooo tiny in her pen. haha.

post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 12:34 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Thanks everyone! Yep, that's her - the little black blob in the corner of the pen
I am sure you have GP's bigger than she is, Laurie!

Jodi - you are so right! The hardest part is keeping Max calm, he really wants to *play* and I am afraid that if he holds her down too hard with his paw he will hurt her!
He listens really well though (thankfully! I think I'd be going loonie otherwise) and all I have to do is say "Max, Gentle!" and he is!
Her puppy license definately hasn't expired yet and they basically let her do whatever she wants to them. It's really funny!
Formula- you are right - she isn't scared of anything! Sometimes I think that she thinks she IS a big dog. I love the little grrrr sounds that come out of her.

Jackie - she loves the cat's mice! Her favorite toy right now is a mouse with a string that when pulled makes it vibrate really loud - it scared Max - but she just goes right after it- shaking it in her head as if her mission is to kill it!
And she loves pulling bigger toys in her mouth going backwards - it's hillarious. Sometimes she grunts while she is doing it. She's just a riot!

The best part? She is SUCH a cuddle-bug- I love it!

[center]

[
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 12:46 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

i know how cute they are! i love yorkies! they can be stubborn, but they are so loving. is she a big kisser? penny really is. and btw, they DO think they are big dogs. haha. is she barking? it is sooooooooooo cute when they bark!

post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 01:00 AM
And here I am again, showing my butt!

Awwww...Deja!! I'm in love!!

What a gorgeous little girl and I'm glad she's a cuddlebug -- I know how much you must love that!!
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 01:22 AM
Tarzan Mama of Two

aww Deja Remy is gorgeous!!!! I'm so glad that you are enjoying her so much!! she is the tiniest puppy I have ever seen!!!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 01:30 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Formula - yes!! She is a huge kisser! She'd lick my face all day if I let her - actually she licks everyone's face - even new people that come into the house!

I make sure that whoever comes in greets Jack and Max - then Remy. I hand her to them and the first thing she does is start face licking. I just love it - I don't know how much other people like it But I think it's really good to socialize her that way, especially right now because I can't take her outside or expose her to other dogs yet.

[center]

[
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 03:49 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

definetely good to socialize them a lot! penny was in puppy classes at petsmart and it was her and 2 big dogs like max and jack. it helped her to be confident around big dogs, unlike a lot of other small dogs. also, you don't want her to be scared of people, so passing her around a lot is good. i wish we could get remy and penny together. it could be "the cutest pic ever" or something! remy's great! have you got her a harness?

post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 10:13 AM
Adolescent Pup

How adorable!! Love the pics, and isn't it amazing how well those potty pads work? I did that with Cookie and she had learned it real quick. It's like instinct. I'm glad that she is a saint and they are all getting along great. I love seeing other dogs be patient and gentle with puppies, it shows how much they know/understand. Thanks for sharing those pics, she's real cute!

Jessica

My zoo: 2 Ferrets named Natira and McCoy and lots of different fishies, snails, and african dwarf froggies.

Tags
guinea pig, puppy food