Repetitive licking and drooling? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-13-2012, 04:35 PM Thread Starter

Repetitive licking and drooling?

hello folks, i have a 6 year old boxer and some morning's when i wake up to head off to work and let her out she will be constantly sticking her tongue out and licking the air and salavating pretty bad and swolling constantly and whenever this occurs she wants to head rite outside so i let her out and she dives rite into eating a bunch of grass, figured id let her do her thing snack on some grass see if that helps her stomach, when i bring her back inside she continues to try to eat stuff off the floor such as dirt/fuzz bunnies almost like she thinks its gunna help her stomach, has anyone else had this issue before?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-13-2012, 11:39 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

maybe she has a tooth infection just a thought, maybe bring her to the vet and have her checked out ? just a thought

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-16-2012, 09:35 PM
Newborn Pup

How long has this been going on? Is this a regular habit, or is this something new? If this is something new, she may be getting into something in the house that is irritating her, or worse yet, poisoning her. Maybe she's eaten a spider, or something that is giving her an allergic reaction. I would suggest you take your dog to the vet for a check up.

Lizzie Masako
Proud mom of 2 Pit Bulls and 1 cat.
I keep my dogs insured with
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-18-2012, 03:22 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Probably something bothers her on her mouth, check it out yourself first but if you nothing or something and continuously bothering her, take her to the vet.

"Play with me and keep me busy! You have your work, your entertainment, and friends. I only have you! " - Unknown

Visit -
- for fun and tips for pets!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-18-2012, 08:04 PM
Newborn Pup

Call the vet - she could be eating something poisinous to her.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-13-2012, 10:01 AM
Newborn Pup

It is a good idea to leave enough water for this dog at all times. I am also curious to see what the doctor says.. I would take him or her to a vet as you don't want to take any chances with an older dog.

subscribe to our blog at
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-13-2012, 12:16 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I don't think OP is coming back. probably found a few forums and asked and didn't check up on it.

[/CENTER]

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-22-2012, 11:36 AM
Newborn Pup

either way, one of my dogs did this often.
she had heartburn/indigestion.
switched her to a better dog food and it went right away

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-22-2012, 11:36 AM
Newborn Pup

and gave her a few snacks during the day.
you can give previcid too

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 10:56 AM
Adolescent Pup

If OP didn't go to the vet, then why bother asking when that would probably be the answer that we would give, and a person with a hint of a brain would do anyway!
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 11:06 AM

thanks for all the information guys

Tags
pet dog sick boxer