Rotty Pups - Mellow as Adults? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-29-2004, 10:15 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Question Rotty Pups - Mellow as Adults?

My first rottweiler was already full grown when we brought him home from the pound. I know rotts are typically mellow dogs, hence the reason they are often OK'd for even ppl living in apartments but are puppies supposed to be just as mellow????

Samson has just entered into his fourth month of age and is already starting to "chill out". He "moseys" around, stretches and comes at his own pace.... relaxes under my desk "chin on my foot" for hours at a time... just like my older rott did.

I really thought the "puppy" would be a hyper beast as most large dog pups are..but not Samson...oh no.... he's a Chill'n Mellow Dude almost all of the time lol. Sure he plays etc every day but the majority of the time he acts like a 3 to 10 year old Rott just kick'n back and chill'n out....

Is this normal for a rottweiler pup?

- Deb

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-29-2004, 11:19 AM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

Every Rott I've ever seen is like that Deb. Sounds like Samson is pretty normal.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-29-2004, 12:17 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Deb, our Dakota was exactly like that and still is at a year old.... Now our female rottie she is a different story she is not a normal rottie that is for sure, seeing as she was the runt and remains very small in size she has what we call "short man's attitude" and can be the world's biggest ***** if ya know what I mean, yet she can be a sweetheart as well, we live for the good days when it comes to her

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!