Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

roxy 6 mth old border terrier keeps limping

Tags
dog
3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  CrWoodyspets 
#1 ·
:)hi, i have a border terrier she is 6 months old she started to limp about 5 weeks ago on and of then she stop but 2 weeks ago she strated to limp again. she has now been limping now for 2 weeks i felt the leg up and down checked the pad and nails i could not find anything up with her. she would not but any waite on her foot and she would stand like on her nails. so i took he to the vets to day and they had a look at her and said it looks like she has cruciate ligament rupture. so we have to take her back to the vets on thur to have a xray of her leg . and to get some pain killers but he said se will always limp now. so i was just wondering if my dog would make a full recovery with out haveing to have surgery? we will be resting her for then next 6 to 8 weeks now. but we are prayng she will make a full recovery. and hope she will dont limp when she is older. blees her she is only 6 months old.:( pls help

#4 ·
roxy on the mend

hi, roxy was surposed to go for an xray on her leg 2 weeks ago but we decided to wait and let her rest her leg the vet gave us some metacam and said if it was no better in 1 month she would have to have an xray, she was on metacam for 5 days till we took her off it and she is so much better now. looking at her now you would not think any thing is wrong :)

#5 ·
Hope the vet could figure out why she's limping, maybe she has some injury or damage like spinal cord. Sending vibes and wishing full recover for Roxy...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.