Runny poo - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2005, 01:47 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Runny poo

Myfanwy has runny poo but she is only eating dry food.
Is there anything I can give her?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My handsome Prince

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Swirly, Squashy, Squishy, Spot, Star, Slash and Rocky

Indy and Myfanwy

Tilly, Emil, Sonny and Smudge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2005, 01:49 PM
I'm A Blonde At Heart

Are you givign her the same food that the previous owners did? Sometimes the sudden change of food can cause their little tummies to get upset and the can get diarreah (sp). It may take a few week for her to get settled for future referance when you change her food first start out with her regular food then a little of the new food then a little more of the new food and a little less of her food then more of her food and a tiny bit of her old food then her new food

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2005, 01:49 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Has she been vaccinated yet? Its just I looked it up on the internet..

Steph ~ Owned by 4 bunnies and 5 degus..

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble
attribute of man." Charles Darwin

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2005, 01:53 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Yes she has had her jabs.
Sh had runny poo when she 1st came coz of the food change but then it stopped but now it has started again.
I think she has ben eating Indys food which is not puppy food maybe that is it

My handsome Prince

Indy and Myfanwy

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2005, 01:55 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Have you looked it up on the net? There are quite a few sites to look at..

Steph ~ Owned by 4 bunnies and 5 degus..

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble
attribute of man." Charles Darwin

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2005, 01:56 PM
I'm A Blonde At Heart

is there a way to seperate there food? put indies in the bathroom or something and make so he can only get it?

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2005, 02:05 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

They never eat the whole thing straight away so it is hard to feed them seperate.
I will try and make sure she does not go near his bowl though.
He eats her food too

My handsome Prince

Indy and Myfanwy

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2005, 02:11 PM
I'm A Blonde At Heart

do you feel them at certain times? I know my dog Lady is sorta like a cat you can feed her in the morning and she nibbles on her food. She isnt fat or anything shes weighed the same all her life. but my grandpas dog would over eat so we gave him a cup in half (this all depends on size) twice a day. So i wonder if you put them on a schedual where they get the set amount of food at like 9 in the morning and at 6 at night they will either eat it all. Or if they dont just give it to them later that way you dont have to worry about that. Also i know this is true for cat food, i get this kitten/cat food called health wise, so that way there eating the same thing myfawny is getting the nutrients she needs and so is Indi

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2005, 02:18 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

I will give it a go.
But I think Myfanwy needs portions about 4 or 5 times a day
They do not have any type of weight problems or health problems other than they smell like cheese

My handsome Prince

Indy and Myfanwy

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2005, 02:35 PM
I'm A Blonde At Heart

do whatever is healthy, just when you give myfawny her food give indie his food

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2005, 08:03 PM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

You can give her a nice bland diet of cooked rice and boiled chicken. That will help ease the upset stomach and hopefully stop the diarrhea.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted

Tags
cat food, dry food, puppy food