sad update on rocky (neighbor's dog) - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-21-2004, 05:05 AM Thread Starter
Wacky Chimpnose

Unhappy sad update on rocky (neighbor's dog)

well, a few days ago, jim officially found out that rocky has been completely lost for some time now. da*mit i TOLD those stupid stupid people! but they just didn't listen. i feel so guilty. maybe i should have "stolen" him when i could. or should have called the police every time i saw him loose. i feel like this is my fault. i should have done more.
all i can hope for is that he's with a better family who will love him.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-21-2004, 05:10 AM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

That is sad. I guess now we can only hope that Rocky makes it to wherever he's going safely.

Does the family even CARE that he's gone? I have a feeling they don't, since from all your previous posts they didn't seem to give a whit about Rocky.

Have you called the animal shelter and asked them if they have heard/seen anything of Rocky?

― Rowan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I've been frosted!

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-21-2004, 05:15 AM
Fluffy Potatokisser

Aww.. I'm sorry Jane! My neighbors did the same thing...that little rottie mix that was always trying to get into my house disappeared a few months ago...they have no clue what happened to him but I saw on the news the other night about a woman and daughter that were arrested for stealing dogs!

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-21-2004, 05:24 AM Thread Starter
Wacky Chimpnose

pihlaja - well, i have not talked to the shelters. they won't even know if it was him cause he has no tags. i could give a description, though. i'll call the lady tomorrow.

i think the kids care, but not like they should, you know?

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-21-2004, 06:01 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Jane please don't beat yourself up about this......Yes you feel you could have done more, but sadly it is the owner's fault NOT yours..... calling the shelter(s) would be a great idea, just give them a description maybe just maybe they found him, or even try calling the local animal control, maybe they picked him up.....Even if he is found I hope he doesn't have to go back to your neighbor's it surely sounds as though they didn't care from your previous post.

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-21-2004, 08:11 AM Thread Starter
Wacky Chimpnose

i'll try not to, kim. it's just hard. i was talking to mandie earlier and i pretty much worked myself into a sad state. i just feel like God gave me all these oppurtunities and i didn't take them. sigh... i know it really is their fault, but i am just sad that i didn't do more.

but thank you for the kind words.

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-21-2004, 08:11 AM Thread Starter
Wacky Chimpnose

oh and btw - there are whole threads about this dog, including pics, etc... this had been going on since i moved here.

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-21-2004, 08:13 AM
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

Lots of stupid people out there Jane. Try not to beat yourself up!

~ Jodi ~

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-21-2004, 09:18 AM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

I'm with the others, don't beat yourself up hon.

I pray that he is in a good new home with a loving family.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-21-2004, 01:14 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Yep, don't blame yourself. Maybe someone who did care picked him up and now he's living better.

:-)
1 rabbit, 6 rats, 1 conure, 1 cockatiel, 1 lovebird, 1 cockroach

- Bracelets, Beads + Supplies!
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-21-2004, 02:08 PM
Miss New Booty

Oh Jane... I'm so sorry. Everyone is right, don't blame yourself, hon. I hope he is in a good home with a loving family.

~* Jackie *~

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-21-2004, 03:56 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

I'm sorry Jane. Its not your fault so don't beat yourself up! You did a lot for him, and cared a lot more than most neighbors would! Rocky may have found a much better home somewhere. You never know. I hope you feel better soon.

Rats have rights...& mice too!
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-21-2004, 05:37 PM Thread Starter
Wacky Chimpnose

thank you all for your wonderful words!! i hope too that he is with a loving family.

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-21-2004, 07:03 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

Jane I bet he is with a loving family!!! Don't beat yourself up. I mean just look at Biscuit....I bet that her last family probably think something awful happened to her for her to never return and instead she is living the life of a princess dog here with me!!
So just take it in your stride....keep doing what your doing in that neighbourhood cause someone is going to listen to you one day and you are going to help make at least one animals life better and once you get one person on side with you they will help everyone else around them become better pet owners. Rocky always ran around the streets near you...if he was hit by a car or something you probably would have seen him so I'm guessing he either got picked up a loving family or by animal control.

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-21-2004, 09:36 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSbunny
Jane I bet he is with a loving family!!! Don't beat yourself up. I mean just look at Biscuit....I bet that her last family probably think something awful happened to her for her to never return and instead she is living the life of a princess dog here with me!!
I didn't know you found Biscuit, Carmen.

Rats have rights...& mice too!

Tags
animal control, animal shelter, local animal control, pet owner