Samson is Resting w/o Pain now :( - Page 3 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-25-2004, 09:13 AM
Poo dont scare me!!!

Its so sad that Samson has passed! I hope you guys are doing ok and healing. Its so sad to think he lived such a short life possibly because of the breeders being irresponsible. How sad. At least you know now that the poor baby isnt in pain anymore. We are all here for you...

Also your new puppy sounds like he has a wonderful guarantee. I know that if I lost one of my kids I wouldnt know what to do except get another one. Good luck with the next one, and dont let irresponsible breeders make you think that you shouldnt have Rotts...its definately not you that should be kept from a Rott, its them! Congrats on your pup. Also I wanted to add that that pic of Samson is a beautiful picture of him and I think it represents him very well...he looks so innocent in that picture and by the sounds of it, he was.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-25-2004, 09:16 AM Thread Starter

Thank you, and he was. Truly innocent and full of love. So smart and mentally full of life. If ever an angel walked on four paws.... it was him.
post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-25-2004, 12:43 PM

Deb, I can't even imagine how heartbreaking this is for you. I am so, so, sorry you had to lose your baby. I am thinking of you and sending you a lot of warm hugs your way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-25-2004, 02:13 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Oh my, there's so much I want to say, but have no words. I am so very sorry Play at the bridge sweet Samson, you are pain free now, your family loves you dearly.

*Brandy*

|
|
|

post #35 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-25-2004, 02:48 PM

How terribly sad! I am so sorry for your loss.

It makes me so mad that breeders would care so little about their breed as to produce such a puppy with so many defects. Animals are not just a source of income, they are living, feeling beings, just like us. It is breeders like Samson's that give dog breeders a bad name. Ugh. I would be so mad if I were you! Heck, I am mad, and I am not you! The whole idea of purebreds is supposed to be to make better dogs. Dogs more suited to their function. Even if the dog is a loved pet rather than a working dog, it has to be able to do that, and all those problems prevents it from doing its function. For crying out loud, Rotties were bred to work in the coal mines at one point, so they had to be very strong and healthy. It is sad how they have been degraded by poor breeders.
post #36 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-25-2004, 08:03 PM
Obsessed With Turtles

Deb I feel like such a fool! I haev been foloowing Samsons progress & somehow missed this trhead. I am so sorry and I know nothing can help ease yoru pain & emotions while you grieve over this... I just wanted you to know I was thinking about you & let you know I care.
post #37 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-26-2004, 05:38 AM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

I think Samson has taught all of us that sometimes life is shorter than we would like it to be and things don't always work out as planned/hoped, but also to make the best with what we have.

I'm proud of Samson for being so strong even though he was in pain, for trying his hardest to make his family happy the best he could--he even graduated from his puppy classes! The list of things that ailed him was so long ... I cried just from looking at it. I know that if some people had ailments like that, they would try to stop living, they wouldn't be like Samson, who made the most with what he had in the time given to him.

I'm happy he can rest pain free now, too.

-----------------------

"If having a soul means being able to feel love and loyalty and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans. You've nothing to worry about there."

He goes to note regarding animals joining their masters in the afterlife: "I do believe it. With all my heart I believe it."

- James Herriot, Dog Stories

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

Tags
hip dysplasia, potty train