Samson's Breeders - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-16-2004, 08:51 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Samson's Breeders

I sent an "ADDRESS CORRECTION REQUESTED" postal letter which somehow got forwarded along to the breeders of Samson who are now living in North Carolina.

The guy actually called me back !!!

He claims to be VERY SORRY and sounds sincere. Claims "nothing like this has ever happened" etc etc....

He also notes him and his wife just had a new baby but that his job fell through so they are really broke right now and with Christmas coming.... etc etc etc...

But he says he will refund our purchase price for the puppy... but that he can't right now. I asked him to send us a $10 good faith payment with a note and that after the new year he could then begin making regular payments. I explained that my goal was to a) make him aware b) try to ensure that these particular dogs would not be bred anymore and c) to get the purchase price back since a profit should not have been made for the sale of this puppy (except for the vets who made a bundle off of Samson).

He said that the mother was no longer being bred. Claimed the "Samson Litter" was her last one. He didn't say the father would no longer be bred...so I dunno about that one.

I'm all emotional all over again though. Part of me feels really good that the breeder called me. It has given me a sense of closure that I really needed. Part of me is just all twisted up in knots because I had to relive Samson's life all over again as I went over all of the details of what happened with Samson. I tried so hard not to cry on the phone...but I failed.

We found the breeders dear Samson. Now we know they know what you went through. Hopefully there wont be any other puppies that'll ever have to go through the same.

I still miss you angel baby so very very much

- Deb

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-16-2004, 08:56 AM
Tongue Tied..Literally!

Deb, I know it must have been hard for you to talk to the breeder. I hope the breeders are sincere in their efforts and plan on paying you back and most importantly, no longer intend on breeding Samson's parents.

Hugs go out to you Deb.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-16-2004, 09:50 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

i can't even imagine how hard that was for you, deb. my thoughts are with you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-16-2004, 10:17 AM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

I'm so glad that he called you! Like you said, at least you have some closure and now he knows that he had unhealthy puppies from that litter. I hope he stops breeding now.

Rhonda

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-16-2004, 11:18 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

I'm sorry Deb. I'm glad you found the breeder and got a little closure.

Rats have rights...& mice too!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-16-2004, 12:11 PM
Poo dont scare me!!!

Im so glad you found the breeders!!! I hope that the man does follow through with everything he told you!

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-16-2004, 12:17 PM
Miss New Booty

Awww Deb... I'm so glad you found the breeders and I really hope he does everything he said. It had to be so hard to talk to him, but like you said hopefully now there will be some closure, and now he knows what you had to go through. We're here for you, hon.

~* Jackie *~

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-16-2004, 01:31 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

Darn it Deb! You made me cry again!!
I'm glad you were able to contact the breeders and that they called you back. It's a comfort I'm sure to know they were sympathetic. I can understand about the holidays coming and the fact they are willing to pay you back the purchase price shows they care at least a little. Hang in there sweetie.

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at