Saying g'bye to the jewels... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-31-2004, 09:08 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Saying g'bye to the jewels...

My cute little sweetheart finally became a little man.

I dropped him off a couple of hours ago for the neutering.....

The little guy really really got confused when I handed the leash off to the vet and we started going our separate ways. I felt soooooooo bad when he started whining and trying to figure out why I wasn't coming along....

Dogs are WAY TOO GOOD at making their care takers feel guilty!

They grow up so fast ... I was planning to wait until he was 6 months old but his size and activities caused the vet to go ahead and suggest we get started. He's only 5 months old, well developed (if ya know what I mean lol), and 60lbs even today.

At any rate... Samson is saying good bye to the family jewels today... Wish him luck...and pray I don't go absolutely insane while he's gone... I'm soooooo pathetic. I'm a nervous wreck and missing him already yet wont be picking him up until later this afternoon early evening...ugh Hopefully he'll forgive me.... I've got plenty of bribery treats waiting for him lol

- Deb

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-31-2004, 09:12 AM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

awww bless his heart and yours. He'll be in our thought today as you will be.

he is just gorgeous

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-31-2004, 09:35 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Goodbye little Jewels!! You won't be needed LOL!!

I agree...what a gorgeous dog!

Brenda
Caretaker of 2 dobermans,, 1 schnauzer, 5 cats, 3 goats, 1 parrot, 1 bearded dragon lizard, 11 chinchillas.
Rest in peace, Cricket, Casey, Bella, Yank, Chloe and Bones.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-31-2004, 09:37 AM
PT's Troll Hunter

Oh, Deb! I know exactly what your goin' through! And I have to go through it again soon, as well!

I promise he'll be just fine, and he'll be SO happy to come home to you, not to mention glad he's gunna be spoiled rotten! Don't you worry about a thing, girl!

...But just remind me of these same things when Dakota goes in for her spay soon!

post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-31-2004, 09:39 AM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Every time I've taken a pet in to get spayed/neutered I've felt really guilty too. I'm really not looking forward to the day that I have to take Riley in to get spayed. My vet likes to keep the females overnight since their surgery is harder on them. I think I'm going to ask my vet if I can just spend the night in the back room with Riley.

Rhonda

post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-31-2004, 10:11 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Thanks all... I'm happy to know I'm not the only pathetic one on the block lol

I'm sitting here clock watching which is a terrible thing to do but I can't help it. And my other dog Chelsea is being "totally depressed" today. She keeps looking "for her puppy" which isn't helping.... She wouldn't even play frisbee with me...she just keeps looking at me like "what did you do with him? Aren'tcha gonna bring him back?" lol

- Deb

post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-31-2004, 10:16 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Can I give you guys a bit of reassurance? I see pets getting spayed and neutered on a daily basis. Most, after their surgery, just SLEEP LOL They don't really seem to be pining away for anyone LOL

Brenda
Caretaker of 2 dobermans,, 1 schnauzer, 5 cats, 3 goats, 1 parrot, 1 bearded dragon lizard, 11 chinchillas.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-31-2004, 10:20 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

LOL but I'm pining away for him and the vet didn't give ME a sedative

- Deb

post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-31-2004, 10:20 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Brenda
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-31-2004, 10:28 AM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PicOlio
LOL but I'm pining away for him and the vet didn't give ME a sedative

I plan on taking the day off of work when Riley gets spayed. There's no way I'll be able to function at work while stressing about my baby even though I know she's in capable hands.

I feel your pain/stress Deb!

Rhonda

post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-31-2004, 10:32 AM
Poo dont scare me!!!

Im sure he will do great! And before you know it, you will be trying to keep him off the couch and bed and everywhere else he jumps up to that he shouldnt while he is all stitched up! Good luck!!

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-31-2004, 10:35 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

He'll be fine!! Eat some chocolate (or what ever makes you feel good )

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-31-2004, 11:07 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Lol Deb. You are so funny! I know exactly how you feel about leaving Samson. When I left my two kitties to be neutered I was so worried about them! I picked them up at the EXACT time they said I could (to the minute LOL). The vet tech said "I knew you would be right on time" and laughed at us. I'm sure he will be just fine. Let us know how he did!

Rats have rights...& mice too!
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-01-2004, 12:17 AM
Miss New Booty

I know exactly what you mean, too, everyone!!! I felt sooo bad when I had to take them in! I took Kahlua to be fixed and he wasn't himself the whole next week. I took him back to the vet and she said he was depressed! I had to get him medicine for the next week and then he was fine. I guess dachshunds take it really hard!

I hope everything went ok with Samson, Deb!!!! Give him a hug from me!!

~* Jackie *~

post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-01-2004, 01:40 AM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlette
My vet likes to keep the females overnight since their surgery is harder on them. I think I'm going to ask my vet if I can just spend the night in the back room with Riley.
That seems to be a trend I picked up on in America, Scarlette. It's strange ... But in Finland, it's a 30 minute procedure regardless of species (cat or dog) or sex and you bring the animal home about 15-20 minutes after surgery. They do that because they believe it MINIMISES stress if the animal goes home (where it is comfortable) right afterwards.

As soon as I speak Finnish, hubby's Samoyed is going to say "moi moi" ("bye-bye") to the family jewels. I keep telling hubby, "If you don't start showing him again, off they go!" But, he's a man, and for some reason they never want to neuter their dogs because they feel like they are betraying the dog or neutering a part of themselves. Any way it goes, if he wants dear Kirby-dog to stay intact, he best get the fluff-butt back in the show ring.

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

Tags
older dog, vet tech