Schnoodle? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-10-2003, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

Post Schnoodle?

Hi guys! I have been doing research on dogs (already) for next spring. I came across a schnoodle, 1/2 snausser 1/2 poodle. Any one have an experience with this type of dog?Schnoodle photo Gallery
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-10-2003, 12:03 PM
Fertile Myrtle

Here's a few links to other threads about them.

Wife to an amazing man,
mom to three wonderful kids (9, 5.10, 4),
2 dogs, 3 hermit crabs and 2 bettas

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-10-2003, 12:15 PM

They are cute! I want one!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-10-2003, 12:34 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Christi!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-10-2003, 01:05 PM

I think there a newer mix breed ? I mean that people just started doing it, but I am already seeing them in shelters so may want to check a shelter when it comes time, petfinder.com is agood site too
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-10-2003, 03:02 PM
Adolescent Pup

I HAD a friend that breeds them, she never seems to have enough of them. They are so cute. As far as I know she has never had anyone say bad things about them. No bad tempered ones.

Pam and the crew
Izzy - St. Bernard
Selena - Chihuahua
Lily - Aussie Shepard/Brittney Spainel
Hershey Kisses - Basset Hound
Jazmen- Basset Hound
Hannah - Great Dane
Prissy - Ball Python
Sheba - Ball Python
George - Ferret

Waiting for me at the Rainbow Bridge.
Hank - Long Hair Dachshund
Lil' Bit - St. Bernard
Namoi - cat
Major - cat
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-10-2003, 03:04 PM

Oh, they are SO cute !!!!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-10-2003, 10:30 PM
cheetahcapri

They are really cute..but I wish people wouldn't keep mixing animals together...there are already so many different breeds, that soon we will have very few pures....but I wouldn't mind having the Mercedes pup, now that was a teddy bear face!! LOL

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-20-2007, 10:20 AM

Pup

Let me tell you this first, don't get a new dog or puppy just because they look cute! But i'm sure you know that already lol. Research breeds. I see you're interested in Schnoodles. Good! My family just got one and i have to say, so far we are impressed. We've had her for two weeks now and she's already become a big part of our family.

Schnoodles in general come in a variety of sizes depending on what the parents were. (IE: Standard, Mini, Giant) My girl is three months old and is 6 lbs. She might grow to 15-20 or she might stop at 8, we dont know because we didnt meet the parents. So think on anywhere from 8-30 lbs for most Schnoodles.

From what i've noticed with my girl (and from what i've found online - Google the breed and it'll bring up lots of stuff), well...she's really smart. She's already going to the door to be let out, she's got the basics of loose leash walking in just a few days (along with sit, watch me, and let's go), she's surprisingly gentle with my two year old cousin, and she loves to be around people.

LIke i said, google the breed and you'll find everything u need to know! Try to get a pup from a breeder or a shop that sells pups from breeders (IE can provide breeders name and names of parents), don't get one from a regular pet store. The breed is too new and the pet stores get their pups from anywhere - the pup could be sick or have a genetic health problem.

Hope this helps!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-23-2007, 01:43 AM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Pssttt....this post is over 4 years old.

Rhonda

Tags
pet store, pet stores, teddy bear