Schnoodles - Page 3 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-19-2004, 02:01 PM
Member formerly known as MistyLea21

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulliest
Yes, but which responsible breeder gives their dogs to a pet shop in the first place? By doing that, they don't know where their puppies will end up, unless of course they personally screen the potential buyers that come into the pet shop. I have never seen this done before. Not to mention, selling their puppies to a pet shop (in order for the pet shop to sell the dog to people), doesn't allow the breeder to force a contract upon the potential buyers..unless of course, the breeder works directly in or with the pet shop and prepares a direct contract for the buyers..again this is rare...if even heard of...Most breeders that sell to pet shops don't usually keep track of where the puppies go...if you know any opposite examples..I'd be interested to hear since I've never personally heard of it..
What is your argument? I am starting to get really confused cause it went from breeding mix breed dogs, to shelters or rescues, to now pet stores? What was said about Pet Stores not all being bad is so true. That has a lot to do with they won't take just any pups and sell them and take care of them well. So are you arguing pet stores? or breeders? or rescues? pure breds vs. mixes? or what?

BOTTOM LINE... you cannot make blanket statements about any of them because special conditions apply to all. There are good breeders, bad breeders... good pet stores, bad... there are puppy mill pure bred dogs, just as mix... there are GOOD breeders for pure breds and I feel that you can also be a GOOD breeder and breed mix breeds. There are just as many pure breds in rescues, just as mix...
This would be like talking about race and lumping one ethicity into one category and thats just not fair. I am sure you get mad at people making assumptions about pit bulls because of their track record? It's the same thing... Be glad that some people back in the day did mix breeding or else we wouldn't own half the dogs we do... and EVERY year there are new mixes (breeds) showing up on the AKC circuit.

Misty

Silver Mist Studios

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Custom Designer Jewelry, Handmade Lampwork Glass Beads and More!

Eyes Of Texas Chinchillas

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-19-2004, 06:18 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

Pitbulliest I have one question for you. You are very against Dogs been sold in pet stores which is fine...I understand your view point. However I do believe that the good pet stores would screen out the bad owners and that the breeders could possibly be hearing about their new homes from the shops....just a thought.
However my question is this....you work in a pet store. You work in the bird department....why are they not worthy enough to you to be sold properly by the breeder's? You said you were thankful that you didn't work in the dog section, you sell birds, just cause they are a different animal doesn't make it any better. There are plenty of overflowing bird rescues....aren't you contradicting yourself?

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #33 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-19-2004, 07:32 PM

That was a very sweet little schnoodle you found Jade.

Spottie Poo have you had any luck?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-19-2004, 09:01 PM

I don't know about Schnoodles (sp? lol) But I do know the laberdoodles or goldnoodles or golaoodles are expensive because even though they are mutts they are very good hunters/retrivers they breed in the poodle for their water coat and their sight, and labs/goldens for everything else. I saw a laberdoodle goin for 1,000 b4 and they aren't cheap. Our friend owned an unspayed *tisk tisk* female lab and there was a male poodle that escaped (he ahd a collar) and a little while later my friend ended up with laberdoodles, she put up an ad to sell the pups (need I not say the doggie is spayed now lol) well she put up an add w/out a price and someone offer $1,200 for one of the female pups, I think the lowest one went for $850 its mind boggling, but all the pups went to be retrievers! So go figure
post #35 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-19-2004, 09:19 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

This has gone way off topic and is bordering on confrontational, so I'm going to go ahead and close it. SpottyPoo, if you'd like to start another thread to update on your hunt for a schnoodle, please feel free.

In the future, if a member would like to debate the ethics or some other portion of a related topic that wasn't part of the original intention of the thread, please start a new thread in Debates, for continuity's sake.

Stephanie

Closed Thread

Tags
breed dogs, dog food, family dog, hip dysplasia, lab mix, mixed breed, mixed breeds, pet shop, pet shops, pet store, pet stores, pit bull, pit bulls, puppy mill, puppy mills, pure bred, reputable breeder