Schnoodles - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-12-2004, 04:40 PM Thread Starter
And here I am again, showing my butt!

Question Schnoodles

Does anyone know where I might find a schnoodle near the Charlotte/Rock Hill area??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-12-2004, 05:02 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

You could go to petfinder.com, they have those guys a lot.
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-12-2004, 08:02 PM
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

I always googled them to find them, the closest to me was 5 hours in Ohio or 6 hours on the otherside of PA.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-13-2004, 04:07 AM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

I just hope someone doesn't fool you into paying lots of money for it (if/when you find one). Remember, they ARE still mix-breeds and do not warrant the price tags of show-quality purebred dogs.

― Rowan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I've been frosted!

post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-13-2004, 04:35 PM Thread Starter

Yeah -- that's what I have found all over the Internet: these people want $800 for a non-AKC registered dog!! And it's not just one breeder, either. The cheapest I've seen was $700. I thought that was really strange for a "mutt."

You say petfinders has them frequently? I will hop over there right now and check them out. Can you put in a request of sorts to let them know you want a particular breed?
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-13-2004, 04:45 PM Thread Starter

Okay, I just did a search but came up with nothing so I suspect I'm not searching properly (I searched the entire nation). They actually do not even have Schnoodle as a breed on their listing. They didn't have mutt, either. Can someone offer me some tips on searching properly? Thanks!
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-13-2004, 04:55 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?act...=0&tmpl=&stat=

There's a poodle/schnauzer mix, the only one I could find in the area. If it doesn't work, search for schnauzer or poodle and scroll down - they'll have the breeds listed for mixes, too.

Stephanie

post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-13-2004, 06:28 PM Thread Starter

Hey, thanks for the tips!!
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-13-2004, 07:45 PM
User Is No Longer Welcome

Uhh..I definately don't suggest petfinder!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why would you want to get a dog over the internet without knowing anything about where they are actually coming from, the conditions they are in, etc???

Not to mention, why would you even bother going to a breeder in the first place? Anyone that breeds mutts and charges a fortune is a backyard breeder in my opinion, that care about nothing more than the money...these dogs are just another "fad" that people are crazed over because they're "cute and cuddly"..there are tons of them in shelters and I'm pretty sure they have rescues as well since there are so **** many of them around these days.
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-13-2004, 09:00 PM
I'm a Closet Nose Picking Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulliest
Not to mention, why would you even bother going to a breeder in the first place? Anyone that breeds mutts and charges a fortune is a backyard breeder in my opinion, that care about nothing more than the money...these dogs are just another "fad" that people are crazed over because they're "cute and cuddly"..there are tons of them in shelters and I'm pretty sure they have rescues as well since there are so **** many of them around these days.
I'm just curious as to how you think that many of the breeds we have today came about. Granted it was centuries ago but I'm sure they still bred and sold dogs for something. Would you consider these dogs 'mutts' too? I'm also curious as to where you suggest buying a dog from? I hope you don't say a pet store...
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-13-2004, 09:04 PM
Formerly Known as Roz

PetFinder is a useful pet finding tool

Quote:
Uhh..I definately don't suggest petfinder!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why would you want to get a dog over the internet without knowing anything about where they are actually coming from, the conditions they are in, etc???
I know a fair number of folks who found their dogs through PetFinder. I've never heard of happier endings than they've had.

Using PetFinder is no different than adopting from a shelter. In both, you meet with the dog, and see how you get along. If it's a match made in heaven, you fill out applications to adopt. In fact, many of the dogs (if not most) are in shelters or from shelters, the rest are in foster homes and breed specific rescues.

You do know the conditions they are in since you meet them and see what they're like, where they're kept, how they're cared for, etc.

It is true that you do not always know about their past, but then, does anyone ever know about the past of dogs in shelters? Rarely. No matter where you adopt a dog from, be it through PetFinder, from your nearest shelter, or from a rescue, you are taking a risk.

PetFinder is a GREAT tool for re-homing pets who badly need homes. It is a great tool for finding your perfect pooch.

-

"They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Last edited by Tilt; 09-13-2004 at 09:09 PM. Reason: typo :)
post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-13-2004, 09:33 PM
User Is No Longer Welcome

If that's the case than I appologize. I thought it was an online breeder list where you could basically order pups..I've seen so many sites like this it makes me sick..

As for all the other dogs of the world being mutts..no I do not think they are mutts. However, like I've mentioned before, "schnoodles", and any other dogs which are currently being considered "fad" dogs are excellent targets for puppy mills. In fact, if you check out any pet shops around here, ALL you'll see are schnoodles, and labradoodles... they are recently created breeds and are super targets for people who do nothing more than exploit them and want a quick buck. I personally don't support people breeding these kinds of dogs...because like I've mentioned before..I've never in my life met a very responsible and reputable breeder that sells fad dogs...yes they exist..and yes they need good homes..but what do you think they were bred for in the first place? To fulfill ignorant fads.
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-13-2004, 11:58 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

i found my dog chaquita through petfinder. all of those dogs are homeless and in shelters/foster homes. you CAN post a found dog, or one for sale on petfinder. but when you search for a dog, you are generally looking at homeless dogs.

i went to OK to see another dog and came home with chaquita. i love that site.

just research it first.

post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 03:22 AM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

The labradoodle was first intentionally bred in Australia in the 1970s and has its roots there as a guide dog for allergy sufferers, according to Beverly Manners, founder of Rutland Manor Labradoodle Breeding and Research Center in Victoria, Australia.

-- CNN.com
I guess we can say that is where it all started.

What gets me is this "hypo-allergenic" nonsense. NO DOG is hypo-allergenic. It's only that some dogs produce less dander than others. But someone with dog allergies could also be allergic to allergens in the saliva as well.

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 06:52 AM
I'm a Closet Nose Picking Instructor

Quote:
As for all the other dogs of the world being mutts..no I do not think they are mutts. However, like I've mentioned before, "schnoodles", and any other dogs which are currently being considered "fad" dogs are excellent targets for puppy mills.
Good point and much better put. However, I do have to say that any popularized dog whether 'new' or not is subject to the same treatment.

Quote:
but what do you think they were bred for in the first place? To fulfill ignorant fads.
To some extent this is probably true. But the dog has to be bred before it can become a fad so I'd think (personal opinion) that at least some dogs are bred for a purpose other than money. I can tell you that we had a Weim/Lab mix and I'd breed a dog like that in a heart beat. Honestly I think that with the right blood lines would make a helluva dog; Nestle sure was and I know she wasn't from Championship stock. Now I'm very partial to Retrievers to begin with so maybe that's just me.
Closed Thread

Tags
breed dogs, dog food, family dog, hip dysplasia, lab mix, mixed breed, mixed breeds, pet shop, pet shops, pet store, pet stores, pit bull, pit bulls, puppy mill, puppy mills, pure bred, reputable breeder