Scrappy's getting spayed - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-18-2003, 02:27 AM Thread Starter
Incubator Cricket Killer

Post Scrappy's getting spayed

Scrappy is going in on friday to get fixed. I've got mixed emotions, I'm glad so that she can play with Ira's parent's dogs again and VERY glad that I won't have to deal with her being in heat again! I'm a tiny bit bummed because I had wanted her to have a litter someday. Little bit worried because the last female dog we had spayed, her incision came open and I had to hold her insides in for a 45 minute dash to the emergency vet... still traumatized over that one!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-18-2003, 06:50 AM
Formerly Known as Masterjack

Good luck Scrappy, I'll be thinking about you. Then after you're all healed up, you'll get to play with the other dogs!

I've Been Frosted!
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-18-2003, 07:47 AM
I Just Need One!

I'm so happy you're going to get her spayed. it's the best thing afterall. Good luck Scrappy, hope everything goes well.

Liana, Mickey, Sky & Rocket

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-18-2003, 08:00 AM
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

I'm sure it will all go fine Becki. I was really worried about Tito too so I know how you're feeling.

I hope all goes well....I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya!

~ Jodi ~

post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-18-2003, 09:11 AM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

I felt like a big meanie when I had my dogs spayed. When I went to pick them up they looked so sad, but I knew I did the right thing.

Good luck Scrappy! I'll be thinking about ya on Friday! Keep us posted Becki.

Rhonda

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-18-2003, 09:17 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

See now I understand how you feel. I don't know what to do with Claire. I really, really, really want to show her and perhaps if she receives a championship I would like to raise one or possibly two litters with her. But....at the same time I don't want her to have any complications with a litter and I don't know much about showing yet. Soooo, I don't know what to do! ahhhhhhhh!! hehe Good luck with Scrappy, I think it will all be ok.

*Brandy*

|
|
|

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-18-2003, 11:02 AM
And here I am again, showing my butt!

Awwww...you're making the right decision, Becki. Spaying can prolong her life and puts her risk of cancer at an extremely low level. We'll all be thinking of her and sending her positive doggie thoughts tomorrow!!

When I had Sydney spayed, I bawled in the waiting room in front of complete strangers and they had to literally PRY her out of my arms. It was not a pretty scene at all. I was such a basket case that the vet allowed me to take her home the same day and gave me his home phone number in case of emergency, something he didn't normally do.

Last edited by SpottyPoo; 12-18-2003 at 11:05 AM.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-18-2003, 11:32 AM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Brandy, I'm not 100 percent positive about this, but I think when you show your dogs they are supposed to be unaltered. Like I said, I'm not 100 percent sure of that but thought I had read that somewhere.

Rhonda

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-18-2003, 02:01 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Scarlette
Brandy, I'm not 100 percent positive about this, but I think when you show your dogs they are supposed to be unaltered. Like I said, I'm not 100 percent sure of that but thought I had read that somewhere.

Yeah they must be unaltered. That is why I am unsure of what to do. I really want to show her though. I have read up on breeding and showing in particular but don't know the basics of showing.

*Brandy*

|
|
|

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-18-2003, 02:36 PM
Miss New Booty

Awww I know what you all mean. I felt soo bad for them when I took them to get fixed! But I knew it was the right thing to do. I'm sure Scrappy will do great, Becki! Good luck, Scrappy! I will be thinking about you guys tomorrow!

~* Jackie *~

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-18-2003, 03:26 PM
Poo dont scare me!!!

Im sure she will do great too! I was such a worrier for our two, because they are literally like my kids, but I knew our vet, and I really trust her with my pets lives. So I bet you have nothing to worry about, just call in a few times! (I know, I know, sometimes they think Im crazy!! But I dont care haha!)

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-18-2003, 04:03 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

aww Becki I know you will be worried about her - I'm sure she'll be just fine.
I'll be thinking about her all day and sending you both good vibes!!
She'll get lots of TLC and lovies and pampering when she gets home

[center]

[
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-18-2003, 04:33 PM
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

She'll be fine. You have some kids and let Scrappy raise them, it will all work out well! He he!

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-18-2003, 05:02 PM Thread Starter
Incubator Cricket Killer

LOL, that's a good idea actually! Nah, what am I thinking, they'd be beasties!

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-21-2003, 02:17 AM Thread Starter
Incubator Cricket Killer

Scrappy's home and looking much more perky than she was yesterday Poor baby puked in the car on the way home, I think they sent her home too soon but she was happy to go. I took Claudia in to get her shots when I was picking up Scrappy and when she came out I got NO love but she went straight for Claudia, tail a waggin

Tags
emergency vet