Seamus just being himself... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-04-2005, 03:23 AM Thread Starter
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

Talking Seamus just being himself...

a turd. And kind of cute. First two pictures I didn't use flash because I thought they might be better, but then I used flash and I was wrong. But the poor baby doesn't like the flash so I don't use it often. Please ignore the suitcases in the background. Seamus is saying, "Mama? What did you get me? Huh?"

― Rowan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I've been frosted!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-04-2005, 09:24 AM

Rowan, I hate to agree with you but he is a turd! Look at that third picture of him! What a look!
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-05-2005, 08:03 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Seamus is so adorable! Such a cutie!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-05-2005, 08:18 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Aww, he's adorable!

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-05-2005, 08:46 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

aw! he looks so much more grown-up than in your signature! how is the little monster?

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-06-2005, 01:09 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by formula86
aw! he looks so much more grown-up than in your signature! how is the little monster?
I know, Jane. To think, he used to be CUTE!

As for him being a monster, YES HE IS! Ugh. He has the WORST separation anxiety I have ever seen. I'm considering buying him a muzzle to put on him when we leave because he chews ELECTRICAL cords when I leave him. I considered a crate, but that's 200 ($264.89) for one his size and I just can't justify spending that much on a medium-sized crate. So, we're thinking about muzzling his butt so we won't come home to a fried Sheltie! I've already tried the bitter sprays and they DO NOT work. He just ignores the taste and goes to chewin'.

Bad dog!

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-06-2005, 01:16 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

lol, rowan.

i can't believe crates are that much! i really wouldn't muzzle him, though. it might freak him out more, plus you should never muzzle an unsupervised animal. if he vomits he could choke on it.

you know what i'd do? get a crate on ebay! get a used crate that someone's dog has outgrown or that someone doesn't need anymore. i bet you find a good deal!

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-06-2005, 01:19 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

btw - chaquita had the exact same problem. she had seperation anxiety and would rip up carpet, poo everywhere and eat the walls. and this was if i left for 5 mins!!! before i knew how to crate train, i just threw her in one and left. well, she pooed all over herself.

buuuut, some time later (after trying a gate in the kitchen which didn't work) i bought a crate big enough for her AND penny and really worked with her on getting her to like it. i gave her treats in it, put toys in it and when playing fetch with penny i always threw the toy in there and penny would go get it. it made chaquita feel better about the crate since penny would go in it (aww!). eventually i had no problem putting them in there together when i left and at night. it was great!!

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-06-2005, 01:22 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

this should get you started... http://search.ebay.com/dog-crate_W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8

they have some for about 50 bucks. not bad!

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-06-2005, 01:27 AM Thread Starter

That's a good point (about the muzzle).

The problem with Ebay is that Finland doesn't have its own and most places outside of Finland will not ship internationally.

And those that do will usually charge unbelivable rates!

But, I'll look around and see if I get lucky. Thanks for the starter link.

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-06-2005, 01:31 AM Thread Starter

Seamus has already ripped up some of our rugs.

If I lock him in the bedroom with the two kitties, he's not AS bad, but he still gets a bit destructive. Thankfully there are not many cords for him to chew in there. In the bedroom, he usually focuses his attention on the bed posts and wall corners. He likes to chew up wood, too--did I mention? And we CANNOT leave him and Kirby together because when we did that, they honestly almost tore the house apart. They simply cannot control themselves when together while we're gone.

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-06-2005, 01:50 AM
Tarzan Mama of Two

Rowan I personally wouldn't muzzle seamus while he was by himself but if you do get the basket kind. It allows him to pant, vomit etc. but doesn't allow him to chew anything. Like what they put on greyhounds It's the safest option. Crates are really expensive too. If I had to buy Biscuit's retail it would have cost me almost $300. I would have done it though.

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-06-2005, 01:55 AM
Tarzan Mama of Two

oh and seamus is gorgeous of course!!!!!!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-06-2005, 02:37 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

you know what, rowan? have you ever considered having someone in america (or a nearby country) buy you a crate and you send them the $ for cost and shipping? would it be cheaper?? let me know cause i'd get you one.

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-06-2005, 12:27 PM Thread Starter

Carmen, we looked around at muzzles a few times and all they sell here is the basket wire types. But, I don't think my little Turdie would be happy with a muzzle on his face.

It's not that we can't necessarily afford a crate, though if we bought one here things would be fairly tight for 2-3 months afterwards. I mean, if one of the animals were injured we would certainly pay 200 or more without hesitation, but when it's just a plastic box, Sami has LOTS of reservations about it and I have some. But, if we can't find another solution, we'll get a crate.

Jane, considering the size of crate that Seamus needs, shipping internationally would still be a bit pricey because the box would have to be a bit over-sized. But, I'll think about it if nothing else comes up.

Right now, we're going to give Seamus a few more tries in the bedroom with the cats. He does a bit better and focuses more on shredding paper, chewing on wood and ripping up the carpet rather than seeking out electrical cords. Albeit, eating paper, carpet and wood isn't exactly SAFE/HEALTHY for him, but it's better than him chomping into an electrical cord.

― Rowan

I've been frosted!