Send some good vibes my way...please - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-28-2004, 03:32 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Send some good vibes my way...please

Hey Fellow PT members,
Please send me some good vibes my way, please. My mom is a teacher, and on Thursday, on her way out of the school, she heard something in the garbage can crying. She went over to see what it was, and found a toy dashchund in the can. This poor little 3 pound dog was full size, but very very very skinny and it was just thrown out.
My mom called our local ASPCA and they came and picked up the dog. They found out that the dog had bruises all over it, looking like it was abused and it was very under weight. By the looks of the dog, they think she may be 3 to 5 years old.
Well, they kept her over the weekend to try to feed her and make her better. Now, she needs a home. My aunt, who is coping with the death of my uncle, loves Doxies. She has had 2 in her lifetime, and absolutely loves them.
We know it will be good for her to take the dog, because she loves dogs, and it would be something to come home too. So, today she is going to look at the dog, because the ASPCA has said it is okay for the dog to be taken to a good home.
My aunt called a few minutes ago telling me that she is excited about going to see the dog, and she picked up some toys, treats, and food already. I really hope it all works out, and the puppy gets to go with my aunt, especially now that she has her hopes up.
Please please send some good vibes over my way. I want this puppy to go to a good home, after being thrown out in the garbage like trash.

I will find out later tonight on whether my aunt gets the doggie or not. I will keep you posted, and if she gets it, I will post pictures of her.

"She is your friend, your partner, your defender, and your dog. You are her life, her love, and her leader.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
She will be faithful and true, to the last beat of her little heart.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion." - Unknown.

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole." - Rogers Caras.

"Somedays you're the dog and some days you're the hydrant."- Unknown.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-28-2004, 03:44 PM
Playful Pup

Oh my, what a heartbreaking story!! That poor, poor baby! This story hits me all the more because I had to put down my dear friend Binga, my wire-haired dachshund of 14 years this past October. Doxies are such sweet dogs. I am putting forth all the best vibes I can in hopes your aunt is chosen to get this little fella. And tell your mom for me what a hero she is! That she heard the little guy calling for help is so awesome!!
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-28-2004, 04:14 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Good vibes coming your way. I hope things work out and your aunt gets the pup! What a horrible thing to do, throw the little pup in a garbage can! My Mandy and her three littermates were found in a dumpster! Thank goodness someone found them and thank goodness your mom found this pup!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-28-2004, 07:35 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

some people can be so sick!

thank goodness for people like your mom and aunt! that little pup is in my thoughts. please keep us updated.

post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-28-2004, 08:35 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

That is so sad. My kitties Tiger and Sneakers were thrown in a dumpster too when they were 6 weeks old. I can't believe people can be so heartless. I hope your aunt gets the dog and he gets a second chance!

Rats have rights...& mice too!
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-28-2004, 10:51 PM

We had a dog that someone threw into the dumpster next to the police station. People like to think that they can just throw the little ones away, its awful! That little dog now has a wonderful home and I just saw her in town a couple of weeks ago and she looks great.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 08:26 AM
Poo dont scare me!!!

I hope your aunt gets the dog! And Im glad your mom saved her!

post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 08:29 AM
Aspires to Change Oil

I can't imagine how anyone could be so heartless! It sends shivers down my spine... especially to have such a poor thing so small and hurt. She must have been terrified! Its great that someone discovered her, especially someone so nice as your mother to think to actually take it somewhere where there could be love and hope.

, [username] .
are you new member? have questions?

Feel free to PM or IM me.
Contacts are my profile.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 08:29 AM
Aspires to Change Oil

Oh I forgot! *sets down a good vibe globe and giggles* There, a nice tide of good vibe cresting your way. :^D

, [username] .
are you new member? have questions?

Feel free to PM or IM me.
Contacts are my profile.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 11:48 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

I'm sure they will be together! It sounds like the perfect match!

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 02:08 PM

Any news?
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 03:39 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Update!!!!!

Dena, it is so funny you asked, I just got on to post some news....

My aunt went to see the dog yesterday. We found out some good news. First of all, it is not a toy Doxie. Because of its weight, it is very tiny, the dog is only 5 lbs. But, it is full size doxie, just really tiny and will have a lot of eating to go to get to normal weight for her size. Which the vet said she should be at least 10 pounds, based on her size. The dog is a black and tan smooth coat doxie. Very sweet and gentle. She loves to cuddle.

Well, she is with my aunt. She was able to take the doggie home!!!!!!

On a down side, the dog was physically abused, and it looks like it might have been used in a dog fighting ring. It has injures on its ears and neck, and a few cuts and bruises all over the body. The vet says it is a miracle that the dog was still alive when my mom found it.

That just gets me so mad. I mean this poor defenses little dog was possibly being used so people can train bigger dogs to fight to make money. This poor dog is a living thing. How dare someone do that to this ? I just do not understand how people can think it is okay to injury a living thing for money????

The dog gets defensive to bigger dogs. My aunt brought the dog to the pet store, to buy some treats, toys, etc. There was a few larger dogs there, and the doxie hid behind my aunt, and when the dog walked to close to the doxie, it would growl and snap at the dog.

We might go down on Sunday to see the new puppy. If I do, I will take pictures and post them.

Thank you so much for the good vibes. Keep them coming. This doggies needs lots of love and patience and time. She has lots of healing to go on. I will keep you posted on her progress.

"She is your friend, your partner, your defender, and your dog. You are her life, her love, and her leader.

post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 04:04 PM
Playful Pup

I am so glad this little darling is getting a chance to live a happy life where she will get lots of love. It's hard to believe there are people that are that bad out there, but the good news is there are people that are equally good to make things right! Can't wait to see pics!!
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-03-2005, 10:18 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Puppy Update

I went to see the Doxie on Sunday. What a cutie she is!!! My aunt picked her up on Tuesday. The dog has bonded well with my aunt, she looks to her for protection, and reassurance. It is a perfect match.

I brought my camera to take pictures of the puppy, but she was very scared about people, especially men, and she would hide whenever there was a loud sound or if you moved to fast around her. So, I did not want to scare her with the camera flash.

The ASPCA gave her the name of Sugar, but she did not respond to much to it. So, my aunt named her Miss Ellie, because she answers to that.

She is a very cute dog, but you can see scars all over her. She has no hair on her ears, and she has her front teeth very loose, and possibly will lose them. You can tell that there might have been something tied around her nose, because she has markings on her nose that look like a wire or something was on it.

She loves women, as long as they go down to her level. She does not like men at all, she hides from them and barks at them. My brother laid on the floor with her, and she would walk slowly toward him, then back up quickly. After a while, she would slowly walk toward him and sit next to him. But, if something scared her while doing this, she would snap at him, and try to attack.

This poor doxie was abused badly. The vet thinks that she was used as a bait dog for a dog fighting ring. She refuses dog treats, so the doctor thinks that is what the person used to get her in arms reach. She does not know what a doggie toy is and when we squeeked one, she would bark. But, she likes tennis balls, she found a tennis ball, that my parents dog has, and was running around the room with that in her mouth, while wagging her tail. My aunt said she has never done that.

When holding her, you could see her bones, she is very skinny. What was cutie she is. I was holding her and she would just stare at my aunt the whole time, almost to say "your still here right, is this okay?"

She is very sweet, and she gives kisses to people as she learns to trust them. She needs a lot of love and attention, and we are all about giving that to her.

When she adjusts a bit more to her new life, and starts to not be so scared about things I will take pictures of her. She is a black and tan smooth hair doxie. But, her hair is very coarse, because for her entire lifetime, they are pretty sure, she never got a bath. This week, was her first bath ever, what an adventure that was!

post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-03-2005, 10:38 AM
Playful Pup

Thanks so much for the update, April...been thinking of this little girl! Reading the story made my eyes well up...half from anger for her needless suffering, but mostly because everyting is OK in her life now. When the time is right and you can take some pics, I look forward to seeing this Miss Ellie!

Tags
pet store