shampoo?? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-17-2005, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
I'll name him Squishy!!

Question shampoo??

I was wondering what kind of shampoo you use to bath your dogs?? I have tried 2 kinds but neither one of them help her smell any better. Is there any kind of shampoo so help your doggy smell better???

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I've been frosted!

Interested in Photography or Art? Want to show off your pictures or artwork? Please join the

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-17-2005, 05:16 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

At the vet clinic, we use a flea and tick shampoo but it doesn't smell very good...so right before the owners pick up their dogs we spritz them with doggie cologne. That smells wonderful!

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-17-2005, 05:25 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Sophie (my Cocker Spaniel) has an oatmeal-based shampoo...forgot the name. Rocky (a dachshund) uses 'Earth Bath', a natural organic shampoo.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 01:13 PM
Poo dont scare me!!!

On the Boxers I use Johnson and Johnson baby shampoo...just because they tend to have very dry skin as it is...I always buy the Lavendar scent...just because I like it...but they always smell good for a week or so after they get their baths.

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 03:30 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I also use Johnson and Johnson baby shampoo on the retriever as was told by a breeder a few years ago that its better than any dog shampoo you can get as its very gentle on the dogs skin so have been using that ever since. But on my lhasa i have to buy special shampoo that unknots her long coat and is designed for long haired dogs plus it smells gorgeous too

Kirsty

Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 08:12 PM Thread Starter
I'll name him Squishy!!

Thanks for the info! I might have to try the Johnson and Johnson!!!

I've been frosted!

Interested in Photography or Art? Want to show off your pictures or artwork? Please join the

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 09:43 PM
Naked Dog Mom

We've only tried one shampoo so far (a moisturizing formul with vanilla and oatmeal, because I'm addicted to the scent of vanilla.), and it doesn't help much with smell for more than a day or two (which is why you'll occaisonally find him with doggy perfume, though we don't do that often). He's so little that shampoo lasts forever. If I ever finish up this bottle, I'll try something different.

Momma to three pups:

Ein, Pembroke Welsh Corgi (black headed tri) born 7/12/2004
Tucker, golden colored lab mix, rescue - est dob fall 2004
Colleen rough collie (sable and white), rescue - est dob: 2003-2004
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 09:57 PM

I also use Johnson & Johnson Lavender and Chamomile scent. It keeps the doggies smelling nice for at least a week. Any other shampoo I have tried lasts maybe half an hour.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 11:57 PM
Adolescent Pup

I love Bio-Groom shampoo. You can get it at Pet Supplies Plus for around $6-8 a bottle. The scent lasts a solid 3-4 days and I've never known a dog shampoo to last beyond the day of the bath.

Other than that, I wash their blankets and beds weekly in Cheer and add a Downy dryer sheet in the dryer. This leaves their bedding and blankets smelling really good and after they snuggle in bed they smell equally as fresh!

~Chalupa, Lady, Moxie, Paiseley & Boozer~

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-19-2005, 08:40 AM
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by corgimom
(a moisturizing formul with vanilla and oatmeal,
We use the same one. Steph does too. I can't for the life of me think of the name of it!!

~ Jodi ~

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-19-2005, 01:08 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Actually I gave it to my mom, as Gumbo is now on an allergy shampoo called Allermyl. But my mom's yorkie loves it. 8-in-1 I think is the brand.

Stephanie

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-20-2005, 12:03 AM
Naked Dog Mom

Yep, I checked the bottle this afternoon and forgot to come back and post. Ein's shampoo is made by 8 in 1.

Momma to three pups:

Ein, Pembroke Welsh Corgi (black headed tri) born 7/12/2004
Tucker, golden colored lab mix, rescue - est dob fall 2004
Colleen rough collie (sable and white), rescue - est dob: 2003-2004

Tags
cocker spaniel, pet supplies, vet clinic