shampoo for long hair Shih Tzu - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-22-2005, 05:50 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

shampoo for long hair Shih Tzu

I have a shihtzu that hair to the floor he has a cotton undercoat. I've tried alot of shampoo's and was wondering for any ideas. I litterboxed trained him when he was apuppy so he stays really clean but has to be brushed every day. Have not been able to find any books on how to trim the long hair, I have just been doing it myself but would like a book. No one in my area has any experience with this breed that has long hair.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-22-2005, 07:04 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I have a lhasa apso and she also has quite a long coat as i prefer to see them with their natural coats rather than clipped. I use a special shampoo for long haired dogs that leaves it pretty much tangle free and easy to manage if brushed every couple of days. How short do you want his coat? As you could invest in a pair of clippers if you want him to have a short coat to cut down on the brushing or i just trim my lhasa up with a pair of scissors which is pretty simple and easy to do. I believe theres a few sites on the internet with info on trimming these long haired breeds or so i have been told so might be worth researching if you can't find a book

Kirsty

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

Tags
lhasa apso