Sharing some pictures of our pooch, Harley - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-04-2004, 10:55 PM Thread Starter

Sharing some pictures of our pooch, Harley

I just thought I'd share a couple of photos of Harley.

We adopted her last year in July, so we've had her for a year now. She was a stray, and we absolutely fell in love with her when we saw her at the shelter. My husband was upset when we found out that she was on hold, but we were also very surprised when we went back and found her still there, so the person must not have been approved.

Well, he went there on a day when I worked and filled out an adoption form for her. He said she was hyper in the interview room and didn't know. Later the next day, he said he couldn't stop thinking about her. So, we went back and went into the interview room with her. She was still hyper, but cute as heck.

Well, we decided to adopt her. He went the next day and picked her up. She's had her moments, but she's very sweet and loves everyone. By the way, the shelter had her as a chow/sheltie mix. We can see the chow in her tongue, but not the sheltie.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Harley.jpg (51.1 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg Harley2.jpg (50.0 KB, 18 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-04-2004, 11:07 PM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

Harley is very cute! You're right, though, I don't see any sheltie in her. I wonder where they came up with that?

― Rowan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I've been frosted!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-04-2004, 11:07 PM

she's very pretty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-04-2004, 11:21 PM

Harley is a lovely girl. I agree with the others, I can definitely see the Chow influence but not Sheltie. That is great you were able to adopt her.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-04-2004, 11:54 PM

she is very cute...im glad that ya'll got to adopt her
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-05-2004, 12:10 AM

Beautiful dog! Absolutely lovely!

I see Shepherd/Chow myself.... I had a sheltie and can sort of see where someone may have guessed that but in general I wouldn't have thought of it. I simply see a lot of shepherd and mixed with some chow... Either way...I see what looks like a wonderful dog!
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-05-2004, 12:55 AM

Harley is just adorable!
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-06-2004, 11:00 PM
Miss New Booty

Awwww! She is SO cute!!!!!!

~* Jackie *~

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-06-2004, 11:06 PM

I agree with PicOlio on all accounts. ;D
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-07-2004, 01:33 AM

She is a cutie.... I can sort of see the sheltie in the face and ears, but definitely looks more like a shep/chow mix to me Tabitha is a sheltie mix and well she looks it, but that is because her mom was a purebreed sheltie, so that would make a big difference, lol
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-07-2004, 10:16 PM Thread Starter

That's what my husband and I thought. Sheperd/Chow mix. People at work thought it was an Akita/Chow mix.

I honestly don't see Sheltie in her at all. But, being a stray, I guess they took their best guess at what she was, as they had no background information on her at all.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-08-2004, 12:19 AM
Part of the Pack

My dad has a shep/chow mix that looks almost identical to her! He's a really sweet dog, but kinda food aggressive and not good with kids. Harley sounds like a real doll, and I think she looks like a Harley.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-08-2004, 01:07 PM

She's a Poodle/Chin mix ! I crack myself up. Harley is a good looking lady, I like her colors and that sweet face.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-08-2004, 01:30 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

She's a doll!! I'm glad you were able to give her the loving home she deserved.

Stephanie

Tags
chow mix