She has a name! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-07-2004, 10:01 PM Thread Starter
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

She has a name!

My nameless puppy officially has a name...or should I say names?!

I've decided to name her Riley. That will be her name when she goes to the vet and the name that will be on her ID tags.....I think. Oh heck, who am I kidding?! Her name will probably change again tomorrow!

Jeff has named her Ripley. You know the movie Alien where one of the main characters is named Ripley, and the statement "They come out mostly at night....mostly" Well Jeff says "She poops mostly at night....mostly" For the record she has slept throught the night 8 times already!

Mom is still calling her Tubby Tu Tu.

I don't think I told you guys yet but I did buy a dog whistle. She can't hear it at all. So, basically she is 100% deaf. I don't love her any less. If anything I love her more for being special.

She hasn't had a potty accident in the house for about a week now. I've had her for 3 weeks and we've had maybe 5 potty accidents total which I think is pretty darn good!

I called the trainer and left a message on her machine over a week ago and she hasn't returned my call which ticks me off a bit. Riley and I are doing pretty well on our own but it wouldn't hurt to consult a professional for some more ideas. I'm going to call again tomorrow.

Riley knows the signal for sit and she is responding to my signal for "lay down" now. She's a stubborn little girl and will only do it if she knows there's a treat handy.

We were at a friend's house last weekend and there was a small outdoor kennel. I put Riley in it and she loved it! She rolled around on the grass and ran back and forth enjoying the feel of the grass without having the leash to hold her back. I'm going to buy her a little outdoor kennel so she can spend some time outside without the leash on. I won't leave her outside for long periods, just long enough for her to run around and get some sunshine without having a leash on her to tangle up in when she rolls in the grass.

She is growing like a weed! I swear that I can almost see her growing right in front of my eyes. I don't remember any of my other puppies growing this fast. It's exciting yet a little heartbreaking at the same time. I want my baby to stay a baby for a little while longer.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rhonda
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-07-2004, 10:08 PM
Formerly Known as Roz

Aw. I like that name. Er, names. They all suit her. Although I'm not too big on Tubby Tu Tu.

-

"They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-07-2004, 10:10 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

aw! how cute! riley is great. did you and jeff agree on that? we want pics girl!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-07-2004, 10:18 PM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

that is wonderful scarlette. I am so glad she is doing well,and has a name(s).

New pics are a must.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-07-2004, 10:52 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

Awww...I'm so glad you found a name for her!! (for the record, she looks like a Riley ) I'm happy to hear how great you are both doing and the potty thing...awsome!! She's such a blessing!!
Oh, and if you have a Menard's store in your area (I think they are mostly in Michigan, I know there is one in Jackson or Michigan Center really, but Jackson area) We bought a nice 5 foot by 15 foot by 10 feet high outdoor kennel for $156 about a year and a half ago...you can also put it together as a 10' X 10'. (we had a yard up there that wasn't fenced in) It gives them lots of playing room and it's really nice! Now that we have a fenced in yard again, we are letting a friend borrow it for her dogs...she has lots of land, but no fence yet and the neighbor's billy goats kept attacking her pitties! Just a thought since you're thinking of getting her an outdoor enclosure

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-07-2004, 10:55 PM Thread Starter
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

I can get a 10x10 for $200. I don't have a Menards any where near me! I live in the middle of no where! I got a 10x10 for my Doberman years ago. A friend of mine moved and had a fenced in yard so she didn't need hers and sold that one to me for $50. Now my Dobe has a 10x30 enclosure and she loves it! I don't need anything that big for Riley but I think 10x10 will be just fine for her.

Rhonda

post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-08-2004, 02:10 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Scarlette, I love the name Riley.... Hey if you have problems finding an outdoor kennel seeing as you are in the boonies, you can try looking online at http://www.drsfostersmith.com they have alot of neat stuff, and their shipping charges are very reasonable, not to mention we live over here and we got our stuff in 4-7 days when shipped, just an idea for you
Drs. Foster & Smith are located in wisconsin so I know it wouldn't take that long to get to you

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-08-2004, 05:18 AM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roz
Although I'm not too big on Tubby Tu Tu.
Aw, I love Tubby Tu Tu! It's so cute, you could make a song out of it!

But Riley is very cute, too. However, it doesn't have the high cuteness factor that Tubby Tu Tu has. (Or the embarrassment factor, either!)

One day I would like to teach Seamus hand signals. But he's not deaf, he just has selective hearing. (At this point, I think it's something about all the males in this home that have VERY selective hearing! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyWife97
... try looking online at http://www.drsfostersmith.com they have alot of neat stuff, and their shipping charges are very reasonable, not to mention we live over here and we got our stuff in 4-7 days when shipped...
THEY SHIP INTERNATIONAL!?!?! *faints*

I must find out more.

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

Last edited by pihlaja; 07-08-2004 at 05:20 AM.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-08-2004, 05:25 AM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

*curses* It's only for APO/FPO addresses. Darn.

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-08-2004, 09:44 AM
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

I like the name Riley. But i also liked the name Echo!

post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-08-2004, 09:51 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

I like the name riley. its nice to hear shes doing well.
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-09-2004, 11:08 PM
Adolescent Pup

I love her new official name! My mom picks her own nicknames for all my fur babies too LOL I'm so glad to hear everything is working out so well for both of you, she's definitely a very lucky girl to have a mom like you!!

I wanted to make a suggestion, but I'm sure you've probably already thought of this, but in case not... you may want to make note on her name tag that she's deaf. I know people do that for certain medical conditions when their pets require regular meds.

~Chalupa, Lady, Moxie, Paiseley & Boozer~

post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-10-2004, 09:08 AM
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

Aww, the name is cute!! Glad to hear the potty training is going so well Scarlette, that's great news!!

Yes, they do grow fast don't they?

Kim, that's awesome that they ship to ya'll!! Sorry pihlaja

~ Jodi ~

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-10-2004, 07:45 PM
Miss New Booty

I'm so glad to hear she is doing well and has a name!!! I can't wait to see more pictures of Riley! Glad to hear the potty training is going so well, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlette
Mom is still calling her Tubby Tu Tu
She is still calling her Tubby tu-tu!!!

~* Jackie *~

post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-10-2004, 07:58 PM
I Wish I Were a Snot Ball Shooter

I like the name Riley ! Very cute !

Sharon

Tags
fur babies, potty train, potty training