Shelter Dog or Designer dog? - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogslife
I know with purebred german shepherds it is true. The average lifespan is 4 years. The qualities that specifies what is good for the breed is actually bad for the dog.
Not true at all. If you know breeders that have GSD's only living four years then they are doing something wrong. GSD's can have serious health issues just like any other dog. Like other large breed dogs, they are extremely prone to hip dysplasia.

I have both purebred and mutts - love 'em all. I have nothing against people buying purebred dogs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 11:05 AM
Will It Ever Change?

oooh i got 57%

i just hate "designer dogs" as a concept. like....they're not shoes....they're beings like US ugh....

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 12:30 PM

Ahaha!! I got a 0%!! Boy if that doesn't prove a point!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 04:38 PM
RAT ADDICT

42%.

Honestly I think it is stupid to sell these mixed breeds as "designer breeds".They are MIXED breeds.You can get a puggle or anything like that at the shelter.

I love purebreds and mixed breeds! We had german shepherds growing up and I can tell you they live longer then 4 yrs! I also know people right now that have older german shepherds.And as mentioned if the people you know who bred sheoherds and they only live till 4,then there is something seriously wrong.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-22-2007, 07:01 PM
Adolescent Pup

Those must be some sick, sad, and messed up GSD's if they are only living four years.

My mom's German German Shepherd lived til he was 12. He was from a breeder and had no health problems until he got in the double digits.

Our American German Shepherd only lived til 8. He had hip D, and some liver problem.

American German Shepherds have far more problems than GGSD's do. AGSD's have more eye, and joint problems and are more prone to epilepsy and cancer (but what american dog isn't!?) IMO America's version of the beautiful German Shepherd is nauseating. They are extremely poorly bred.

Orion is a GGSD and he has no problems what so ever....and I to own both purebreds and mutts...mutts are better
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-22-2007, 09:45 PM
RAT ADDICT

Do you have a picture of an American GSD and the other? I just wanna see the difference in the way their standards are.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-23-2007, 07:38 AM

i only got 28%
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-23-2007, 06:17 PM
Adolescent Pup

This website has a very good explanation about the difference between the two Balance Problems with the American Show German Shepherd
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-23-2007, 06:56 PM
Salamander Burgermuffin

i got a 57%

i jus guessed on them all i think the whole designer dog thing is bull, i always have.. yes alot of them are really cute.. but then again so are all the dogs in the pound! i especially hate when people try to sell pure breed designer dogs.. how is it a pure bred?? if you MIX this dog breed and that dog breed than its not PURE bred.. bleh.. anyway.. heh

My Furry Family

Tags
breed dogs, dog park, german shepherd, german shepherds, golden retriever, hip dysplasia, mixed breed, mixed breeds, pure bred