Shivering - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-22-2004, 09:58 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Question Shivering

Hey all,

Charlie sometimes shivers, a friend of mine said that is natural with a pup. Is he right? Or is she cold if she's shivering?

It's not too cold in my room, maybe 70 or so. . .But I just had her downstairs and she wasn't shivering...

Any info welcome,
Thanks Bri
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-22-2004, 10:12 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

i would say that 70 is a little cold for a dog so small. it might not be, but i'd say it's possible. try getting her a little sweatshirt and see if that helps.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-22-2004, 11:46 PM
Miss New Booty

Hmm.. I think that might be a tad too chilly for a small puppy, too. Some small breeds (like my dachshunds) sometimes shiver a little bit, and that's normal. I'm not sure about your doggie, she might be chilly?

~* Jackie *~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 05:15 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

I would have to agree that 70 might be a little cold, although depending on the age of your pup he/she could also be a little scared, puppies do tend to shiver when they are scared as well. In our experience of many fosters we have seen some shiver due to being scared (just because they were so young) and some shiver because they were cold.

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 08:25 AM
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

Little dogs tend to be more *shivery* than larger breeds... and pups do tend to shiver more than adult dogs. Sometimes they're chilly (although 70 doesn't sound too cool to me), sometimes they're scared or nervous. Some dogs just have that nervous shake/shiver. Just be very reassuring with him & you can always try changing the temp... I wouldn't be overly worried about it though!

~ Jodi ~