Silly salad eating dogs - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 05:34 PM Thread Starter
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

Silly salad eating dogs

Most of you know I have bunnies. Well every night when I make up their salads Frank and Belle are always at my feet begging. At first I just gave them things like carrots. Well now they eat all types of lettuces - romaine, green leaf, red leaf, chiccory, escarole. They were eating green peppers last night! Well Frank was - Belle didn't care for them. Frank prefers lettuce to baby carrots. I asked the vet and he said as long as the lettuce is washed it should be fine.
I keep telling them they are not herbivores - they are carnivores - but they don't listen!

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 06:50 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

haha!

My parents brought me a strawberry plant and put it in my backyard. As soon as my mom set the plant down, Harvey jumped up and grabbed the only ripe strawberry off of it and ran away in to the house to eat it! That little stinker. At my parents house they have a cherry tree and their dachshund eats all the cherries that fall down. They used to spray him with a hose every time he went near them, but he'd just be more sneaky. the vet said it wouldn't hurt him though, so now they just let him go to town. He's a black and tan piebald so he's almost half white. His belly is all white with spots and it gets cherry stains on it!

--------------------
~Marcia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

--------------------------

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 07:33 PM Thread Starter
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

LOL! So cute. Last year I bought a sweet basil plant. It disappeared - the entire thing. Since it was on my top step and Frank was hanging around there - I knew that it was him.
I cannot blame Harvey for being so tempted by that delicious strawberry!
Cherry spotted dachshund - is that an AKC color?

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 09:38 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

He's a red dapple. Most red dapples fade, but he didn't. I actually think he's part chihuahua or maybe min-pin. His name is Rusty and his legs are kind of longer than Harvey's.

My dogs also go crazy over bananas.

--------------------
~Marcia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-08-2008, 04:39 AM
Zippy Chickenshorts

Yeah, I've only had Indie a couple of days, but boy does he make me feel guilty when I'm eating dinner. I finished everything on my plate and there was only my salad left and I thought he would loose interest because it was only salad, but he still sat there licking his lips and trying to put on the cutest face he could make LOL xx

Pipi my hamster

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

RIP Arthur 10/04/08-22/11/09
RIP Pepper 13/01/08-15/03/10
RIP Husky 10/04/09-20/03/10
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-08-2008, 05:00 AM
Will It Ever Change?

lol that's cute!! I guess they love your attention

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-08-2008, 08:18 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

My first dog was a beagle named Bear, and we used to take him up every summer with us to visit my grandparents in Oregon. They have a lot of land and raise pigs, chickens, horses, cows, or whatever else they feel like doing. There are tons of blackberry bushes all around the entire property and we used to have a blast eating them.

One summer, Bear became really good friends with one of the pigs, named Spotty (he had spots, go figure). They were inseparable, and would run around all day together. They would come home at night with their mouths stained purple from blackberry juice. What a pair!

Maureen

Six new rats
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-08-2008, 11:20 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Haha! I can just imagine the fun they had. How cute! I don't blame them though, I love blackberries. They should have picked them for you to make a blackberry cobbler though

--------------------
~Marcia

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 01:14 PM

Dogs are such weird characters. My dog eats acorns which I don't understand. I assume they all have their own tastes like us.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 12:07 PM

I've heard of vegetarians who have also "converted" their dogs as well. Pretty interesting, but I could never do that to my dog. But I do feed him grain-free Taste of the Wild, since dogs can be allergic to grains. Wonder how the vegetarian dogs handle their diets.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 12:50 PM
Adolescent Pup

Some of mine like to play with/eat carrots. Other times chew up celery and lettuce, they usually spit it back out. They just want it, think its food (well it is) then realize I guess its not what they thought. I had another helped herself to a salad and had nasty runs, I'm not sure how much she was eating. Green watery poop. We were going to a show so I gave her a bath and then loaded everyone up, right when we were ready to pull out of the drive she pooped all over it was on her side and legs. Another bath! She hasn't ate any greens since..lol Poor girl.

Check Them Out

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 03:30 PM
Dinky Corsetkisser

we have a large garden we had to put a high fence around to keep the dogs out...they ate the eggplants, zucchini, tomatoes, green beans and the watermelons lol...they also ate my oranges off my tree (only had 3 new tree) and the 2 peaches and an apricote (all new small trees lol) They are so darn sneaky lol...my dogs love all veggies and fruits...lol they just like food...anything will do lol

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley