Snoopy is learning new words - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-20-2005, 02:52 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Talking Snoopy is learning new words

So I've been training Snoopy to recognize the words "ba-balle" for his balls and "to-toy" for his plushed animals.

After several weeks of playing, he is getting there, but there were numerous trials and failures.

Here is a movie of our first training session (which was a complete failure). This dog cracks me up. He probably does not understand my French accent. lololol

Snoopy&Gauthy.wmv (6 Meg)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-20-2005, 03:38 PM
I'm A Blonde At Heart

too cute. He was playing tag with you. My cat and dog play that game all the time. I have to add I LOVE YOUR HOUSE!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-20-2005, 03:43 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickiesmurf
too cute. He was playing tag with you. My cat and dog play that game all the time. I have to add I LOVE YOUR HOUSE!!!!
Thank you! Yes he wants to play tag all the time. I also play hide and seek with him. I usually hide behind doors and when he is completely desperate, can't find me and whine, I jump and scream to scare him and he's all happy. hehehe just like a kid

The great addition to the house was to install the pet door. That was crucial in pet training him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-08-2005, 01:14 PM
Adolescent Pup

Awsome dog. Such personality! Allison Loves to play hide and seek. Her new one is TACKLE football. That was a great video!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 11:43 AM
Part of the Pack

hahahahaha, Snoopy just cracks me up in this video.

My wonderful loves:
Emma, Xavier, SweetPea, Mr. Pickles, Mary Beth, Sheldon,Zena,Cadbury,Kapuah,Walter,Lou,Chip, Dilbert, Cartman, Gessepi,Miranda, Henry & Riker (my chins)/ Bunny, Little Cat,Clarissa (cats) , Lucy & Grace (Dappled Doxies) Simon (GSD puppy), Cookie (Australian Shepherd puppy), Captain Jack (cockatiel)
Bella Chinchillas
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 12:34 PM
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

Cute! Smart pup!!

We have our GSD trained to play "Where's George?" George is any of his stuffed animals with squeakers. We ask him "where's george?" He'll bring us one of his stuffed animals. We give him hand signals to lay down and stay. We go hide his george and then when we come back we tell him to "go find george". He will search until he's found george. He always finds it!! We hide it in *difficult* spots to force him to look. He LOVES the game!!

~ Jodi ~

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 12:38 PM
I'll name him Squishy!!

That was soooo cute!!!

I've been frosted!

Interested in Photography or Art? Want to show off your pictures or artwork? Please join the

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 09:07 PM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

Watched the video last night but didn't have time to comment.

Snoopy has a definite personality! I just love how at first he was playing shy and coy in front of the camera, and then just turned into a wild thing, darting throughout the house! And of course, right before you catch him, he FLIES through the dog door! Clever thing!

Great video! Thanks for sharing! (And yes, you do have a very beautiful home! I bet Snoopy loves all that space and hiding places!)

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 09:27 PM
Part of the Pack

that was great me and my boyfriend just had a right giggle watching it

A CUDDLE A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY AND DEGU KISSES ARE EVEN BETTER!!!

PODGE
CHARLIE

TRUFFLE
CHI CHI

MR BO JANGLES

DIDDY BOB
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-10-2005, 08:30 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Haha. Awesome video.

:-)
1 rabbit, 6 rats, 1 conure, 1 cockatiel, 1 lovebird, 1 cockroach

- Bracelets, Beads + Supplies!

Tags
stuffed animal, stuffed animals