So another one of my friends wants me to find them a dog - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-29-2009, 11:58 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

So another one of my friends wants me to find them a dog

So me and my fiance andrew have another friends(they are a couple) that want me to find a dog for them. At first they asked if we wanted to give up either winston or harley which i had to politely say no those boys are my babies(though my oldest brother has tried to get us to give him, his wife and their kids winston many a times) just like my last friend who wanted a pitbull for protection on the 27th floor of a large high-rise downtown which she has finally gotten it through her head there is no way she can have that big of a dog but she is back onto wanting a cat(she is not the best with animals. She is also getting ankle surgery again and asked me to take care of her hamster until she heels but my mom thinks she wants to dump her hamster on me) well this new couple we became friends with just last year they already have 3(they had 4 but the poor thing ended up dying because of some issues they couldnt pay for) I am so against this again specially with this other friend and another one who said they could have a puppy but ended up dumping the poor thing at our house(we ended up selling him to someone as they couldnt come up with any of the help that he needed(also very long story) but vecause of it we have gotten our house vandalized by these people and a death threat on my fiance and my dog harley stolen for two weeks) these people are very nice but i have some issues with the way they live. They clean their cats litterboxes maybe every 2-3 weeks(it stinks quite badly when i have visited) they have garbage every where(the last time they had over 10 or more tim hortons coffee cups(i would be worried these things could be a choking hazard for a poor dog) i dont think its healthy for human or animal to deal with that smell. One poor cat is soooo over weight its scary, another one who is 17 years old has nasty things on his neck and one is super, super shy. I would love to help them out but i am just worried about the poor dog-puppies health if they do get one. The girls parents also pay the rent for the apartment they rent and they always have to go through them to see if they get anything(they fostered puppies like we did but one day they had to hid them over at our condo) so i am also worried that they will ask us to take their dog in for a day or two if her mom comes over and i am not dealing with that. My fiance thinks i am over exadurating with these things but i take very serious responsibilty with my animals and i try and keep my house spotless so our dogs or my moms dog doesnt choke on anything and they get the vet care whenever they need it even if it costs more then i am expecting but they are my family. I am stuck between a hard place again(i am not sure why every friend that wants an animal comes to me as it put so much stress on me) let alone me and my fiance just adopted another female cat(i went to the humane society to drop off donations and i come out the owner of a sweet 10 month old black and white stray) though we dont have her yet as she was spayed on wednesday though we couldnt get her until tomorrow(which was heartbreaking though i am so excited to see her tomorrow)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-02-2009, 11:26 AM
RAT ADDICT

Hmmmm...tell your friends that you cannot help them with taking their animals,since you have to look out for your own.Unless of course you don't mind helping,but from the sound of it you do not want to help.

Maybe try and explain why she shouldn't get a dog right now.Dogs can be alot of responsibility.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

I want to help in a way but also not really specially with what happened the last time i helped an ex-friend get a dog. It was not a pretty thing. I love to help people find animals but if its going to end up with us looking after a dog because her parents are over i cant do it. It wasnt fair to my ex-friends puppy that was here. He thought we were his fur parents and not these friends. I couldnt imagine taking in another dog specially when i live in a condo with a small backyard. I guess i should put it as nicely as i can but i hate hurting peoples feelings always makes me feel really bad afterwards.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 12:24 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

At their present situation, it is more likely not the perfect time to get one. They might end giving up their to-be dog specially when they lack to train such behavior. They just have to wait for their perfect time to get one soon.

"Play with me and keep me busy! You have your work, your entertainment, and friends. I only have you! " - Unknown

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Visit -
- for fun and tips for pets!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 08:46 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

They havent asked us since about us helping them look for a dog so that is a good thing.

Tags
doggy