So i have decided to take on some pet sitting - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-18-2009, 12:12 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

So i have decided to take on some pet sitting

and the first two dogs seemed like dogs from ****. I had a free consultation with a lady and two HUGE dogs one was a staffordshire pitbull(8 months old and 70 pounds) and a english bulldog(90 pounds not sure how old she was) well they came over wednesday about 8-9 at night and the friggen 90 pound whos name was elly decided that she was going to make my poor harley(not even 10 pounds yet) hide underneath our bar stools and she would not leave until we called him over and held him and tried to keep him away because the dog would always grab at his legs which could of snapped easily if she bit him. Well this girl grabs them both by their bums, whistles loudly, lets them bark like mad, does a fish hook in the white dogs mouth, blows hard through their noses and bites them on the nose and they are not even fixed as she wants to breed both of them this summer which i think is not right. They both pull when they are on theid leashes and she uses a choke collar on the white dog. Also for the fact when you leave them alone they chew on walls if they are locked up. It was good that she asked me lots of questions and told me about our dogs but she would ask me a question and i would start to answer it and then she would interupt us which i CAN NOT stand when people do that. Also for the fact that we may be taking care of a 3 month old abused puppy and this would be her third home which i hope to god everything goes through and we get her since no dog needs to go through that specially one so young. So i was wondering if you all think it was a good thing that i said no even though i would be getting $15 dollars a day for 11 days which comes up to $165 dollars since i was keeping in my mind my poor dog would have to come with us if we went somewhere in the house so he would not get hurt by these big dogs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-18-2009, 07:34 AM
I am allergic to maths

It is entirely up to you, I think only 15 a day is to little for what you would have to put up with. I think you did the right thing especially as it would put your dog at risk! I dont agree with her breeding the dogs either, they sound like they are terrors and there shouldnt be more dogs like that. I couldnt sit for them if they insisted in using a choke collar, I think its inhumane and very risky. I think you did the right thing, and if you think you did the right thing then its fine, you DONT HAVE to do anything you dont want to.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-18-2009, 07:44 AM
Hello Earthling

I would say decline the job for your own well being and they well being of your pets.

$15.00 seems low. I charge $20.00 a day no discount for multiple dogs.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-18-2009, 07:47 AM
I am allergic to maths

I just take whatever they pay me unless its too low then I raise it or decline
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-18-2009, 12:23 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Yeah i didnt need our small dog getting cornered every day by that white dog we actually think he peed while i was holding him because he was shaking and didnt have another dog to protect him and they still tried to get him when he was in my arms. That is why i think certain people should not own any bully breed specially when they do what she is doing with them that does not seem right but i wish she would fix them and not get them both pregnant that is just way to crazy specially if she has no idea what she is doing and could end up very bad for her but most importantly her dogs. I was not impressed when she told me that i would of told her she could of just used a harness and that helps more then a pinch collar and got her use to a collar when she was younger but i guess so people dont really think about what they are doing and they use her for pulling a sled or during the summer rollerskates. I am glad i said no but in a way i feel so sorry for some animals i see and the stupid people who own them. That is why i am hoping very much that we can take care of this little pitbull puppy and give her last home forever.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-18-2009, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

I couldnt take the job in the end would of been stressful on an my poor harley boy. I would of asked for a bit more money but we have quite a few pet sitters here in alberta and they are asking for more money then i am and i want to be affordable for people.

Tags
pet, sitting