Some dogs from work. :) [image heavy] - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-01-2007, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
PT's Troll Hunter

Some dogs from work. :) [image heavy]

Last week I started my new job at Karnik Pet Lodge. They offer boarding for cats and dogs, as well as group doggie daycare. Its hard, sometimes dirty work, but I really enjoy caring for the dogs (the cattery duty is usually up to the managers).

Anyways, today I finally brought in my camera and got some pictures of some of the dogs. The ones taken outside were during playtimes. The ones taken through the run doors were of dogs that I didn't get to do the playtimes with so I just took their picture while they were inside. The other ones are in the grooming room.

Anyways....

Cali the Akita. She's so pretty. As an Akita, she isn't an "everybody" dog. She picks and chooses the humans she likes... When I first met her, she lunged and barked at me. She'd growl when I'd tried to put the lead over her head. Today, though, she really was warming up to me (since she's seen me more often and I have had to handle her to and from playtimes) and knocked me over when she tried to sit on me so I would scratch her butt. HAHA! A few of the other kennel workers don't trust her not to bite them, so they come and ask me to take her from one place to another. ^.^

Sasha the Afghan Hound. MY LOVE! Never before have I ever been interested in this breed, or even attracted to it. But this girl, let me tell you... She has the BEST personality there is. I assume she's a show dog, because she looks so great. Here she's pictured after her bath while I was brushing her, so she was still looking a little "stringy" but still beautiful nonetheless... She's so prissy and girly!

Rusty the Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever Dog. No playtimes for me with him, but he's the first Toller I've ever met so he's special to me. He's a real lover boy, and always loves when I give him a pat between work chores.

Blu the Great Dane mix. If you know me AT ALL, you know I LOVE LOVE LOVE Great Danes, so naturally, this guy is one of my favorite clients. He's timid and only likes women. When he arrived, he let me pet him and he got comfortable enough to plop his big bottom right in my lap. Its hard to tell because I needed to turn off my flash, but he's brindle. About the size of a small Dane...

Maisy the German Shepherd Dog. She tries to bolt from her run whenever I give her a pat so I have to be careful. She's an old girl, a real sweetie.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-01-2007, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
PT's Troll Hunter

This is the oh so photogenic Border Collie, Rennie. I LOVED taking his picture, if you couldn't tell...

Bentley the Airedale Terrier. He needs grooming VERY BADLY but the owner told us not to bath him... He, unfortunately, likes to play in his poo, too. *barf* But its not everyday that I see an Airedale so I took his piccie.

Two Cavalier King Charles Spaniels. I haven't had any playtimes with them so I don't recall their names. But again, its not everyday I see this breed, so I took a picture. I think they're probably the most gorgeous little dogs there are.

Quinlan the West Highland White Terrier. There are three Westies there right now, all of them have these super cute, very expressive faces.

Last but not least, Ecco the Gordon Setter. He's a BIG boy, lots of hair and lots of fun. Pretty strong but I could handle him. Here he's pictured after his bath with the fans on him. He was pretty much dry at this point.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-01-2007, 09:49 PM Thread Starter
PT's Troll Hunter

Hmm... I suppose I should've posted this in Dogs, huh? If a mod wants to move this for me, yeeeaah. Sorry!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 09:08 AM
Poo dont scare me!!!

The pics are great Mal...and the Afghan you were talking about, she is so pretty!

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 11:59 AM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallory
Hmm... I suppose I should've posted this in Dogs, huh? If a mod wants to move this for me, yeeeaah. Sorry!
I moved it for you.

Great pics! I wish I had your job, it looks like alot of fun.

Rhonda

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 12:19 PM
Will It Ever Change?

love the pups!!!

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 05:33 PM

Looks like a great job. I love Afghans and King Charles are one of my absolute favorite. I would love to own one someday!!
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 06:06 PM

They're all so cute!! I hope you keep taking pics!
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 06:38 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

neato they are all so cute

[/CENTER]

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 07:00 PM
Title Thief Victim

wow, there very nice looking! the BC looks like hes having fun!

Carissasaurus Rex

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 11:53 PM Thread Starter
PT's Troll Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlette
I moved it for you.
Thanks!

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-03-2007, 12:56 AM
RAT ADDICT

Ooooh...gorgeous pictures! I really like the afghan (one of my favorite breeds) and akita!But they are all greyt!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-03-2007, 05:10 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

Great pics, Mal. Looks like a fun job! That little Westie reminds me so much of my Penny.

Why won't the owners of that one dog let you bathe him?

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-03-2007, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara8
Looks like a great job. I love Afghans and King Charles are one of my absolute favorite. I would love to own one someday!!
Oh yeah, I guess I should mention I love Border Collies too since I OWN one. Hee Hee.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-03-2007, 05:48 PM
Dinky Corsetkisser

they are all so cute...I love the spaniels...they are gorgeous

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

Tags
border collie, cavalier king charles, cavalier king charles spaniel, cavalier king charles spaniels, german shepherd, german shepherd dog, king charles spaniel, scotia duck tolling retriever, west highland white terrier