Some pictures for you.. and a story - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-16-2004, 11:56 AM Thread Starter
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

Some pictures for you.. and a story

Ok so bear with me here.... then you'll understand.

As of Nov 1st, we will have a new resident where I work. He recently suffered a stroke, and brain damage as a result. He is now unable to care for himself completely.

During the tour his son and daughter in law were telling us about him. He raised champion show goldens for 35 years. Now that he's older he has less dogs and doesn't show anymore... but still has some breeding stock. At the time of his stroke he had 4 females, 2 males, and 17 pups.

The son doesn't want to be burdened with the "beasts", and the dil says they are "disgusting" so Monday they are all going to the pound. They said this!!!!!!! This conversation also took place during a stafff meeting where not just myself, but several others were livid. We got them to agree to give them away before that option... as long as it didn't inconvience them.

So, Thursday afternoon/evening 15 staff members (including my family) took a trek up to this man's house. All of his animals have been removed and brought home with the various staff members. Yes, including me. We brought home two puppies. We're unsure at this point if we're keeping them.... but at least they won't go to the pound now. They let us take puppies papers and all.

The funny thing is, some people in my family have been pushing me to get another puppy to help "ease the burden" of letting my gazoo go when the time comes. We were discussing it, but it wasn't an idea i was sold on. Apparently there is a higher source at work here.

So without further ado.....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-16-2004, 12:07 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

They are way too cute and the story way too sad! The first and last pic just take my heart away. I'm happy to hear they were removed! Whatever your decision...thanks for making the efforts! With such a wonderful breed I think I can predict your decision though

- Deb

post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-16-2004, 12:13 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Awww. I was just shocked hearing this story last night, Chrisanne. I'm so glad you were able to get them.

Stephanie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-16-2004, 01:00 PM
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

~ Jodi ~

post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-16-2004, 03:39 PM

awww. Glad that they didnt get taken to the pound
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-16-2004, 04:28 PM
Fertile Myrtle

Oh, they're adorable!!! And you rock!

Wife to an amazing man,
mom to three wonderful kids (9, 5.10, 4),
2 dogs, 3 hermit crabs and 2 bettas

|

post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-16-2004, 04:32 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

They are so cute. I'm so glad they didn't go to the pound!

Rats have rights...& mice too!
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-16-2004, 04:47 PM
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

OMG they are so cute! I am so glad you are taking them in! They are so sweet!

post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-16-2004, 05:01 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Those pups are adorable and how nice of all of you to save all of them! What the heck is wrong with some people? (going to take them all to the pound) At least it had a happy ending!
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-16-2004, 06:28 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

i am so elated that you guys all took them home! it makes me so happy you can't even imagine. all of you are angels.

i love the pictures! omg! how adorable. what sex are they? did you name them? keep us updated!

btw - how are the older goldens adjusting (sp?) ?

post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-16-2004, 10:12 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

what a couple of cuties
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-16-2004, 11:00 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

Oh Chrisanne!! They are simply gorgeous!! You know, if you decide not to keep one or both, you could donate them to Paws for a Cause and they could be trained as service dogs for someone in need! My Dad had one of his goldens trained for sezuire detection for my youngest brother. Leia is his guardian angel! These two would make for wonderful guardian angels for someone in need if you decide not to keep them. You are absolutely wonderful for giving them this chance!

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-17-2004, 06:00 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

That is so great of you to take these puppies in. I bet after seeing them it was really hard to say no! They are adorable! I am so glad there are such good kind-hearted people out there taking care of the animals in the world when no one else will.
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-17-2004, 11:07 AM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

How adorable! They are sooo cute! You're sooo awesome for taking them home!
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-17-2004, 12:35 PM
Adolescent Pup

talk about a rare find! that's just un-beleivable that those kids were willing to give all of the dogs away for free. and you have papers! usually people who are that cold hearted AT LEAST see dollar signs with dogs like these. Thank god they didn't understand what the dogs were worth before you came along because god knows where they would have been sold to. Are you going to continue the breeding lines? If this guy was breeding for 35 years the puppies are probably well established and top notch winners. I'd hate to see all of those years of effort go to waste. Who knows, you could have some champions in your care as we speak!