Something is going on at humane Society - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 10:06 PM Thread Starter

Something is going on at humane Society

The Joplin Humane Society has "accidently" put atleast 6 dogs that they had on hold in the last couple months. One mans dog and suddenly started digging and she dug out of the yard one day he came home found her gone and went looking for her, he looked for a week checking the humaine society everyday he finally had to go out of town over the weekend but asked friends to keep looking one went to the humane society and found her there, they called him and he rushed back (mind you he had been there the day before and she was not there) to get her, he called and told them he was on his way and when he got there in less than an hour she had been pts. Another lady had her dog get loose and bit the neighbors dog, she went to court fixed the gate she gotten out of and paid the vet bills for the other dog and was ready to have her dog come home, but calls and finds out that she had been pts earlier that day. The dog was on a court hold. Another dog in on a court hold, who had her coller and tags on was pts with all the owners info sitting right around her neck. They said they had "missfiled" the paper work and they thought she was a stray. Funny thing is with these animals being pts just before the owners getting there they can never have the bodies to bury, and most had collers on that they couldnt get back either. I think more is going on here then what meets the eye. Most of the dogs pts were labs, and one was a red heeler, so all large breed dogs.

Last edited by scottyc510; 02-08-2006 at 10:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 10:38 PM
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

is there a link that has this story?

*Missy*
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-09-2006, 02:12 PM Thread Starter

here are links to 2 of the stories

http://www.joplinglobe.com/story.php...ed9febd2281f20

and

http://kode-tv.com/news/default.asp?...ownews&id=1076

This is just about 2 of the incidents
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-09-2006, 04:04 PM

That is so sad. My heart breaks for those dog owners.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-09-2006, 04:31 PM

Anyone ever see Beatoven...remind you of that???
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-09-2006, 05:39 PM

I am amazed at the answers so of the people wrote on the newspaper website. I have a feeling most of them were not dog owners or had children!! If a dog of any breed came at my children I would put my dog on an even higher pedestal for protecting his or her family. that is what we are to them just like they are to us. Someone needs to do alot of investigating and get rid of the employee problem. What if there is someone working there who hates dogs and is killing them for fun? You just never know. My heart goes out to all the pet owners.

Tags
breed dogs, dog owners, humane society, pet owner