Soooo mix doggie...(story) - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-06-2010, 01:45 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Soooo mix doggie...(story)

This is Halo before i got my fraggle i had taken home this pup(wasnt really my decision although i wont deny hes one of the cutest things id ever seen)but for diff reasons i was looking for specific things, well my mother begged me to bring home from the shelter for a 7day test trial they give you here, well i really was sure hed be over the size that i particularly was looking for(i travel ALOT) i was very hesitant, and i needed to adopt a dog that was around 1 yr of age because they have to have a fava test and all of there shots before shipping over seas(japan in particular), i preffered a dog that would be about 10 lbs full grown and at about 12 wks he was 14 lbs and because he was so young i was just going to bring him back, well mom couldnt have that and i knew she was going to do this(so i adopted him for her) so here he is we named him Halo because my hubby is a huge gamer and in hopes if i was keeping him that would warm him up to me suprisingly getting a new dog (also hes sweet as can be so halo suited him either way)

The shelter says Boxer/Dachsund (he had a sis exactly same face as him but with tall legs)

this is when we first got him and i have a few from today about 4 wks later hes gotten SO muscular
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5242R.jpg (57.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5454RS.jpg (59.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5455RS.jpg (59.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5456RS.jpg (58.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5465RS.jpg (56.0 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by aceofjade21; 11-06-2010 at 01:59 AM. Reason: now and then
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-06-2010, 10:37 AM
Betta Bomb

Gorgeous doggie!!
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-06-2010, 01:26 PM
Adolescent Pup

He is beautiful but I'd say he has Rhodesian Ridgeback in him. Awesome..Ridgies have wonderful personalities
Attached Images
File Type: jpg p_00012.jpg (32.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Rhodesian-Ridgeback-Puppies-For-Sale-2.jpg (20.6 KB, 5 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-06-2010, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Interesting i honestly never thought of that haha
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-06-2010, 05:24 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple-Hops View Post
Gorgeous doggie!!
thankyou im so glad we got him mom and the whole fam just luv him.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-06-2010, 05:40 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJo1970 View Post
He is beautiful but I'd say he has Rhodesian Ridgeback in him. Awesome..Ridgies have wonderful personalities

So i was having a look and wow it deffinately seems like a possibility(i guess i hadnt really seen the breed although id heard the name), its funny because he has this course fur that goes down his back that sticks up very prominant when he plays that we were commenting on.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-07-2010, 12:07 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Here is Halo now about 4 wks since we adopted him hes soooo buff lol

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-07-2010, 06:22 AM
Adolescent Pup

We actually have 2 ridgies and the youngest one is a 'ridgeless' ridgeback. (we like to call him a 'smooth back' lol ) When he is worked up and excited he also has a prominent ridge that goes down his back more than a regular dogs would. Is your puppy short? He looks like he has short legs..if so that must be the dashound in him.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-07-2010, 08:23 AM
Betta Bomb

I thought the ridge on the ridgeback was a form of genetic malfunction which kept turning up and so they made it a breed? I was watching a documentary about the kennel club in England and they kill-cull usually the smooth back ridgies. O-O For this reason I have a kind of judgement against ridge breeders, (and other breeders who cull over the stupidest things like-show dalmatians) Anyway correct me if I am wrong and I apologize for taking the thread off topic!
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 12:55 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJo1970 View Post
We actually have 2 ridgies and the youngest one is a 'ridgeless' ridgeback. (we like to call him a 'smooth back' lol ) When he is worked up and excited he also has a prominent ridge that goes down his back more than a regular dogs would. Is your puppy short? He looks like he has short legs..if so that must be the dashound in him.
yep hes a lil shortie haha
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 05:19 AM
Adolescent Pup

Purple-Hops...you are absolutely right. BUT..most breeders now-a-days will sell the ridgeless puppies (at a lower price ofcourse) with a contract stating that the dog must be spayed or neutered. So I believe 95% or more of breeders do that. But it was an orginal practice to cull the pups that didn't meet standards Like u said there are many purebreds that have done that. I think it's disgusting personally. Ridgebacks have the best personalites and are so loving. I think all animals have a right to live..perfect or not

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 02:35 PM
Betta Bomb

I still think it would be neat to pet a ridged ridgie!! They are beautiful dogs nonetheless That's nice they adopt them out on contract!
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 05:22 AM
Adolescent Pup

it's funny when people see my oldest ridgeback and are not familiar with the breed. Usually they'll say "omg what happened to your dog's back ..they think he had major surgery..sometimes they think we styled it that way and some people think he's really mad and has his back up..meanwhile he's wagging his tail and kissing people to death.

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 07:45 AM
Betta Bomb

Aww!! lol

Tags
cute, mixed dog, puppy