Special old man care? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-13-2009, 09:48 AM Thread Starter
Betta Bomb

Special old man care?

I have to give Coco another bath, this time I'm gonna hose with the shower whether he likes it or not. I was giving him a back-scratch out on the deck just now and he has dandruff galore.... I know he only had a bath at the beginning of summer but Im not sure if all the soap got out and I need to remember to pick up a detachable hose yet. So I was wondering, besides the oatmael doggy shampoo I already have and the Omega oil I just started supplemtenting him with, is there anything else I can do for a senior doggies skin and coat? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 12:13 AM Thread Starter
Betta Bomb

Added the omega oil to his morning meal which he hates and olive oil to his supper which he tolerates. His coat is already smoother (for a wire haired) and shinier!! Was shocked! Also I bought capsule Glucosamine/chondroitin 500/400 pills and shove them down hios throat but neither one of us enjoys this as he accidentally bites my fingers and spits the pill out, when it goes back in he breaks it open and then has to eat the powder. YUCK, is there an easier way? Normally its only be to hold him AND pill him...ey ey ey!!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 06:02 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

Belle is only 5 and has horrible dandruff. It was suggested that I bathe her with HyLyt Essential Fatty Acids Shampoo. It's not a true shampoo and it can be used as often as needed. The woman (who has a dog with the same issues) told me she bathes her dogs once a week and washes all the bedding. She said that it can be a skin allergy.
I have been an awful mom - she hasn't been bathed enough and really could use one. Oh and the edges of Belle's ears get crusty. If I scratch it off it will bleed. Not sure if your old man has that same problem or not. Good luck!

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 08:37 PM Thread Starter
Betta Bomb

Oh wow, no sweetie-he's not that bad at all. In fact it seems to have cleared already. I hope your pooch gets better or at least gets relief of her itching and discomfort. Thanks for your reply though ^.^ muchos grazias

Tags
bath, care, dog, senior, skin