Stolen dogs in my area - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-13-2005, 08:51 PM Thread Starter
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Exclamation Stolen dogs in my area

My co-worker came in to work today in tears. Her 8 month old female chocolate lab/german shorthair pointer mix was stolen last night right from her front yard while she was standing there! Someone in a dark truck pulled up, opened the door, grabbed the puppy and took off. My co-worker had just picked her up from the vet after her spay a few hours previous. She called her vet and all of the other vets in the area and they, in turn, are calling more vets in other counties. I doubt the thief will take the puppy into a vet's office to have the stitches removed, but we're all hoping.

Come to find out, 3 chocolate labs have been stolen in the same county within the past month and one of my mom's co-workers had her 1 year old St. Bernard stolen last week from an adjoining county. What the heck is going on?!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rhonda
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-13-2005, 09:03 PM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

OMG how scary. While she was right there! I bet she's beside herself. Tell her we'll be praying for her puppy's safe return.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-13-2005, 09:05 PM
Dinky Corsetkisser

thats horrible...people can be so cruel

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-13-2005, 10:10 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

That's so scary!

I really hope they find out what's going on.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-13-2005, 10:16 PM
Adolescent Pup

Oh my how horrible, I hope she got a good enough discription of the vehical to give the cops some leads.

post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 01:34 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

I'd be carrying a gun and seriously injuring anyone who tried to take my kids.

Jenny, Zookeeper Extraordinare

Mom to:

Pooters, Gracie, Mr. Muggles McLovin It (all three Chi mixes), Angel (Lab mix), and Nina (Sheltie mix)

: Hollands: Peneloppy, Sunkist, Scooby, Toby, Timothy, and Dante; Jersey Wooly: Dini and Dana; Lionheads: Cricket, Tinsel, Missy, Mrs. Jingles, Winnie; Netherlands: Quasar, Amos, and Shutterbug; Havana mix: Colby; Fuzzy Holland Lop: Henry; Velveteen Lops: Prudence and Jude AKA Tigger

Fernando

Benny

Maverick (Bearded Dragon) and Panda (Leopard Gecko)

Lionel (Ball Python) and Arrow (Cornsnake)

Falcon, Sherbert, Razzle and Pearl (All Bettas)

RIP Arthur
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 07:55 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

That is awful. Why are people so sick?

My handsome Prince

Swirly, Squashy, Squishy, Spot, Star, Slash and Rocky

Indy and Myfanwy

Tilly, Emil, Sonny and Smudge
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 08:27 AM
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

That is horrendous, and to me, almost unimaginable. I hope they find this sicko! (and all the puppies unharmed!)

post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 08:06 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

That's horrible! I hope they catch these creeps and get peoples pups back.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-15-2005, 12:00 PM Thread Starter
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Awesome update!!

When I went into work yesterday at 3 my co-worker had her puppy back! A man called her at lunch time and said he thought he had her puppy. Someone dumped the puppy off at his house Tuesday night. He thought it was a stray and gave it some food but didn't bother checking for a collar and tags. Yesterday morning the puppy was still there so he picked her up and noticed the collar and tags and called the owner. The owner offered him a reward but he didn't take it. She's pretty sure this guy isn't the one who took the puppy because the pup smelled like she had been in a kennel and this guy's house had no kennel and no other dogs. Someone must've heard the stolen dog announcement on the radio, got scared and dumped the puppy again......anyway, the puppy is home, that's what matters the most!

Rhonda

post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-15-2005, 12:11 PM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

That is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-15-2005, 12:46 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Awesome news. Anything on the others?

:-)
1 rabbit, 6 rats, 1 conure, 1 cockatiel, 1 lovebird, 1 cockroach

- Bracelets, Beads + Supplies!
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-15-2005, 01:05 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

What an awful thing! Glad she got her dog back

Shannon

Mother to a beautiful girl!

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-15-2005, 03:00 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

That's awesome!!

Do you know if the other ones were returned?

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-15-2005, 03:32 PM
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

I am so glad she got her puppy back!

Tags
chocolate lab, crate training, pit bull