Stopped a car yesterday! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-22-2004, 02:56 PM Thread Starter
PT's Troll Hunter

Stopped a car yesterday!

A woman pulled over as I walked Dakota yesterday and wanted to know if she was having puppies any time soon.

I was like, well no. She only 4 months old!!

She asked me if I was planning on breeding her and told her no because of the white mark she has on her chest. She seemed disappointed. She asked when I got her and where. She told me that she was looking for a female GSD but can't find one she can afford. We only got Kota for 300 and the woman thought I was crazy for paying that. She then told me that she used to have a miniature German Shepherd (??? what the ???) and that it was put down because she bit someone and that someone took her to court. I tried to act sympathetic but I couldn't help but think that IF I was breeding GSD's and IF I had some up for adoption, I wouldn't EVER tell her!!!

I suppose she meant well but geez. Is it just me or do you sometimes think that some people just should NOT have animals!?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-22-2004, 02:59 PM
Poo dont scare me!!!

I DeFiNaTleY wouldnt give her one!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-22-2004, 03:00 PM
Poo dont scare me!!!

Like that?? Ha ha...yeah she sounds like a fruit loop Mal.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-22-2004, 03:12 PM
Adolescent Pup

WOW incredible agree fruit loop
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-22-2004, 03:14 PM
Playful Pup

A minature German Shepard???? eh? Is there really such a thing?

post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-22-2004, 03:15 PM
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

*shaking my head* Some people...

$300 is cheap for purebred GSD! And there is no such thing as a mini GSD.

~ Jodi ~

post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-22-2004, 03:19 PM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

I'm with Jodi.. $300 is cheap for a GSD. I would soooooooo not give/sell her one either.

Never heard of a mini gsd before either.

The GSD dog I want is $1800

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-22-2004, 06:34 PM
Formerly Known as Roz

My neighbor had a GSD mix that looked like a purebred but miniature GSD. Maybe that's what the woman had. Who can say?

Some people should definitely not own animals...

-

"They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-22-2004, 06:50 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

She should definatly not have any pets!

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-22-2004, 11:28 PM
Formerly Known as Roz

Hm, thinking about it...My dogs as pups stopped a car before, as well. But luckily for me (and them) the lady who stopped to ask about them wasn't creepy. She said she was looking for a Cattle Dog, and I told her where I got Levi, and she said she wanted to get a female. (I was kind of fearing a mention of breeding her future female to him. but she didn't mention it. Back then I didn't know if Levi should be bred or not. Later decided he should not.)

-

"They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-23-2004, 09:22 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roz
My neighbor had a GSD mix that looked like a purebred but miniature GSD. Maybe that's what the woman had. Who can say?

Some people should definitely not own animals...
My shepherd mix is 55 pounds and I get a lot of "is he a german shepherd?" when I walk him. Maybe she did have a mix who she thought was a mini gsd. But if she won't pay $300 for a purebred then she shouldn't have one.

I had someone stop there car once to ask me if my white shepherd was a wolf. hehe.

Last edited by Brittney; 07-23-2004 at 09:25 AM.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-23-2004, 05:22 PM
Formerly Known as Roz

Brittney,

I love white Shepherds... Sigh!

I had a woman stop and ask me if my CATTLE DOG was a wolf. I don't know, but I don't see a bit of wolf in him or understand why she'd say that. I've never met an ACD who looked wolfish. I know mine didn't, at least. Maybe she meant to say "dingo" instead of "wolf?" He definitely looks part Dingo. I don't know where she got "wolf" from. ACDs aren't usually one of the wolfish breeds. I can at least kind of understand why someone would think a white GSD would be a wolf.

-

post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-25-2004, 11:22 AM
Proud New Mommy

Some people.

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-25-2004, 05:59 PM
I'll name him Squishy!!

I dunno about the mini thing...never heard of one...but I dont think i would pay $300 for a dog either...there are soo many out there for free or way cheaper that need a good home but a lot of people dont want them cuz they are not purebred and i think they are just as good.

I am curious as to why you wont breed her because of a white mark on her chest?

I've been frosted!

Interested in Photography or Art? Want to show off your pictures or artwork? Please join the

post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-25-2004, 06:11 PM Thread Starter
PT's Troll Hunter

GSD's that aren't "White German Shepherds" should have no white. It's a disqualification as far as I know when it comes to breed standards for black and tans, etc.

Besides that I'm not a breeder, and IF I bred her, that'd make me a BackYard Breeder and I really don't wanna be listed as one of them.

Tags
border collie, cattle dog, german shepard, german shepherd, german shepherds, shepherd mix